Thread: Miss you guys, how you been?

Default Miss you guys, how you been?

What?s up fellas! There probably isn?t a day that goes by that I don?t think about you guys and this forum. I no longer have a lake to run in because the property I used to go on has been posted and now it?s for sale. A neighbor of mine and friend is trying to buy it and build houses around the lake. If my situation at the time allows it, he?s going to make me a good deal on a lot and I?ll build a house on that big ole lake. But he?s having issues getting with the property owner.
    I?ve got a couple boats, hulls and a bunch of batts collecting dust so I may end up selling them because it?s going to be a while before we do anything anyways.

So how you guys been? Anyone catch the coronavirus? Me and the wife had it a month or so ago. I had what felt like the most minor head cold and I lost my taste and smell. She had what she described as a flu sickness. She was feeling bad for a few days but nothing major. Three kids live in the house with us didn?t catch it. Odd. Very odd.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Well this forum must be dead now. Dang.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Not dead by any means. It's Just November. Glad your feeling OK.

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    Not dead by any means. It's Just November. Glad your feeling OK.
    True. I figured people would still be posting about builds and stuff. And thx! Hopefully everyone is still doing ok.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Hey! How you been?

Hey Trav! How's the turbo build coming?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hey! How you been?
    Great Travis - no hurricanes to worry about here!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hey Travis, some have just had a busy year. I really thought I’d get time off out of this situation but I have been swamped at work all year. Been a reprieve lately so I built a classic 70’s 4point hydro O/B. Been getting a few runs in but theNovember storms have kicked in here.

Glad to hear you guys had a minor bout with the Covid, with luck a bit of immunity has been built.

I feel your lake pain, my good spot is officially gone now. The ski lake is still here but with all the marker buoys in the water I don’t like to run the HPR there.

Well we’ve had a few issues here and there in the family, delaying progress. But i am close to being done. My sons clutch went out in his car last week. I loaned him my truck. Been driving my car. Car broke Sunday. So now I’m borrowing a car from a friend. Lol. Life.
    I have a few bits left on the exhaust and then it’s done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Great Travis - no hurricanes to worry about here!

You lucky! Our butts pucker up every time we get one.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Hey Travis, some have just had a busy year. I really thought I’d get time off out of this situation but I have been swamped at work all year. Been a reprieve lately so I built a classic 70’s 4point hydro O/B. Been getting a few runs in but theNovember storms have kicked in here.

Glad to hear you guys had a minor bout with the Covid, with luck a bit of immunity has been built.

I feel your lake pain, my good spot is officially gone now. The ski lake is still here but with all the marker buoys in the water I don’t like to run the HPR there.

Yea man I’ve been holding on to a few boats in hopes I’d have a place to run them but it’s not looking good. I don’t want to sell them but at this point they are collecting dust and ive got to fix my car. I’ve been putting it off but this Covid junk has caused me to take a huge cut in pay this year because I’m commission based and it really messed us up. I’ve been having a cheetah hull o was going to eventually build for myself but I may have to let it go too. I actually have two cheetah hulls but one is build for Steven.
    I honestly can’t wait to get this gto turbo build out of my shop because I REALLY miss building boats. I’ll be doing builds all this winter in my cozy warm shop. I look forward to it! I have two Fantasms to build, one single, one twin. Then I have a zelos I’m converting to single for a play boat at the campgrounds. The other boats I have are just too fast for that. The zelos is gonna be that green like in my avatar. The person who ended up with it hit something and repaired it, painting it purple. So I no longer have a green one floating (see what i did there) around.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Yea man I?ve been holding on to a few boats in hopes I?d have a place to run them but it?s not looking good. I don?t want to sell them but at this point they are collecting dust and ive got to fix my car. I?ve been putting it off but this Covid junk has caused me to take a huge cut in pay this year because I?m commission based and it really messed us up. I?ve been having a cheetah hull o was going to eventually build for myself but I may have to let it go too. I actually have two cheetah hulls but one is build for Steven.
    I honestly can?t wait to get this gto turbo build out of my shop because I REALLY miss building boats. I?ll be doing builds all this winter in my cozy warm shop. I look forward to it! I have two Fantasms to build, one single, one twin. Then I have a zelos I?m converting to single for a play boat at the campgrounds. The other boats I have are just too fast for that. The zelos is gonna be that green like in my avatar. The person who ended up with it hit something and repaired it, painting it purple. So I no longer have a green one floating (see what i did there) around.
    Lol, you made a funny. Hehe. Yeah 1:1 cars are fun (I built my 4x4 this year) but once the bad weather sets in and you don?t have a heated fb garage big enough it gets dull quick. Just glad to be back in the hobby room myself. Look forward to seeing you around again pal. Hey you can always b if Steve up this way about the Shocker he got from me if you run out of boats to build. Be good to see him back on the water too

I didn’t understand the last thing you said......

I didn?t understand the last thing you said......
    Wasn?t Steve in Victoria going to get you to build him a Shocker hull? He bought the hull and goodies from me and said he was sending them to you.

Sorry for the ‘b’s my damn phone like to install them everywhere

O, yea that was quite a while ago. He got caught up in life and I was too busy at the time to take it in. He was gonna try to build it himself, I haven’t talked to him in quite sometime. He checks in from time to time.

Hello Travis

Nice to see you back on here.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Hello Travis

Nice to see you back on here.

Larry
    How you been buddy?

Yeah yeah, 3yr old thread. haha

Been a minute since I've been here since I moved off the water... Still thinking I shoulda kept that CF RCat to mount on the wall next to that 34" KBB V hull you bought back off me.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Yeah yeah, 3yr old thread. haha

Been a minute since I've been here since I moved off the water... Still thinking I shoulda kept that CF RCat to mount on the wall next to that 34" KBB V hull you bought back off me.
    I wish I still had it too. I sold almost all my boats except my mini Rivercat black edition, proboat zelos hull I have to build one day, a rigger, and that blue v hull proboat used to sell. I also have a micro 10? wooden cat that Jesse build the hull for me. I think that?s it. I have been thinking about getting back into it a little bit. I just dont have the money to do it like I used to because of this great economy we are in right now.

I wish I still had it too. I sold almost all my boats except my mini Rivercat black edition, proboat zelos hull I have to build one day, a rigger, and that blue v hull proboat used to sell. I also have a micro 10? wooden cat that Jesse build the hull for me. I think that?s it. I have been thinking about getting back into it a little bit. I just dont have the money to do it like I used to because of this great economy we are in right now.

I feel ya on cash flow…. I picked up some new work that keeps me on the road but don’t really work from
    Thanksgiving-Valentines day.

I only have land and air toys these days (as well as an old FASTec and KOS v). 3-5 Traxxas thingies and a dji drone (A2s). Dog loves herding the e revo around.

I spent a bit of time out your way last year for work-sort of anyways (Ruston, Natchitoches, Alexandria, Monroe, Bonita, Dubach, Dubberly and Broussard). Been through more real cars I can count. Landed in a 6.2 Rapt after the Lightnings sold.
    Last edited by Spartanator; 08-25-2023 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Add more jibberish.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)