Thread: Problems with my ETTI HV 220 using Futaba T4PLS with NEU 1527 1.5 DS on 6S

Default Problems with my ETTI HV 220 using Futaba T4PLS with NEU 1527 1.5 DS on 6S

I am having problems getting controllable throttle response with this setup. The Transmitter and Receiver seem to bind Ok, I have rudder control and I get the power/motor connection verification signals from the esc but, I have No throttle response. No matter how many times I try restarting I get the same result. I have tried reversing the throttle signal also.

I have attempted to reprogram the battery type and cell count (Section 1) to 6S, and I believe I was successful. I also attempted to set the Throttle Options to ?auto throttle calibration?. I also believe that I should set the starting power to ?Low?, but am not certain that this is set correctly.

The weird thing is that occasionally after exiting the programming mode the Motor spins up at high speed for a second or two then if I go to brake position stops and will not spin up again!

My first thought was that this esc could not run the NEU 1527? Anyone know?

Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing working?
    Thanks

Hello Stephen, what radio and receiver are you running?
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Cool

Steve, if you don?t know if it?s programmed correctly it’s tough to help. I don?t own one but plenty of folks had programming issues. But they can be programmed....unless they?re broken. Try these if you haven?t seen them.

https://youtu.be/JMGQ5adSIV8

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/spe...etti-150a.html

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...highlight=etti

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...highlight=etti

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Tyler, Futaba T4PLS with an R203GF receiver. I have the receiver mode set to Normal (analog) so it is not running in digital mode.

Hi Jay,
    Yeah, This this has lots of options that can be set but it uses that “ding, dong, beep, ring” programming that is hard (if not impossible) to follow. I spent about an hour working with it to set the voltage cut-off for 6S. I do think that is set correctly. But even after setting that and restarting, the ESC still will not spin up the motor. Thanks for the links I will definitely check them out, maybe they will help me get this figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Mason View Post
    Tyler, Futaba T4PLS with an R203GF receiver. I have the receiver mode set to Normal (analog) so it is not running in digital mode.
    Usually with Futaba radios the throttle channel needs to to be set to reverse. You already stated you are in analog mode. Good. Are you throttle EPA's set to 110-120? Don't know if the 4PLS have a "trigger" menu but on other Futaba radios you have the option of biasing the throttle. 50/50 is standard, 70/30 and 100/0 are optional settings. Try each if available. ABS should be turned off if an option.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Thanks Tyler, I have tried reversing the throttle, but that did not seem to help. Are you saying that I should set the ABS on the transmitter to OFF? I have the throttle set to 100% and the braking to 100% is this correct?
    The confounding thing is that I get all the correct audio signals from the ESC going into and coming out of the programming, but the motor does not respond to throttle commands. I know the ESC will spin the motor, but it does it at unwanted times and there is no control using the transmitter.
    I believe that the problem must have something to do with the throttle options and the transmitter set-up.
    I sent an email to NEU Motors to ask if they knew if the 1527 1.5 DS could be run by the ETTI HV 220, but I doubt that is the problem since it is a 4 pole motor. We will see if I even get a response.

Hello Stephen,

The ETTI controller should not have an issue driving that particular motor.
    Any type of ABS or other throttle function should be off.
    The end points should be at least 100% in both directions. You can increase these to 110-120% to extend the range, but it does not sound like this is the issue.
    Do you have a simple servo tester that you can plug the ESC into?
    Are you using a separate receiver battery or BEC regulator to power the receiver?
    Have you tried plugging a normal servo into ch2 on the receiver to see if the receiver is outputting a normal signal?

-Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525