Thread: Blackjack24

Default Blackjack24

Killed the motor looking to replace with the same size but is discontinued trying to figure out actual options for replacemt. I do understand I will probly have to upgrade the esc one with a built-in lvc would be nice not sure what my options are

I'm pretty sure the stock motor in that boat was a 36mm 2000kv 4 pole. I don't recall the length. You'll be able to find an aftermarket equivalent to fit. I ran the DYNM3910 stock motor from a 29 V3 blackjack in mine for a while, current version of that motor is a DYNM3831. Problem is you'll need a different motor collet, and will have to tweak the motor mount for additional clearance between the motor and the end of the stuffing tub inside the hull.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

How big of an esc will I need to upgrade to to allow for the bigger motor plus trying not to run it so hot already put a second water pickup on the hull

If it were me I’d go 3000-3500 kv, on 2-3 S with a 120 amp esc. Starting with a 440/2 maybe going up to 440/3 or 442 prop depending on temps and handling.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Honestly, keep it simple with that hull, learn what you can, but don't throw a lot of money at it. It's limited in speed due to its size, and won't take many violent crashes because it's plastic. I think the stock esc was only 30A and barely enough for the stock boat. I ran an inexpensive 120A Hobbyking in mine. The motor alone won't really increase the amp draw much, but a bigger battery or larger prop will.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)