Thread: New to electric boats . ML Boatworks GP310 SE / RSX 310 -Limited

Default New to electric boats . ML Boatworks GP310 SE / RSX 310 -Limited

Hello all ,
    my name is Bruno , live in Belgium and new to fast electric boats . Making model R/C airplanes for over than 30 years I think it's time for something else . I discovered (YouTube) boats can go insanely fast on electrics . Nitro or gassers is a big Nono here due to noise .
    Took the plunge and ordered the GP310 SE from ML Boatworks since it looks great, I like laser cut wood kits and read many positive things about the company and it's designs .
    My son is 13 years old and maybe it's fun to race together just for fun of it ( no competition ) so I'm thinking about buying the RSX310 also.
    2 different boats but more or less same equipment and performance ? Or do I buy better a second GP310 ? Building with wood , soldering electronics , painting , glassing etc should not be a problem for me .
    Here is my question (s) ;
    I'm not that rich to buy cheap .
    Not looking for squeezing max performance out of the equipment but I'm not interested in a slough either . If I buy the RSX310 , which one ? The P-Limited or the standard one ? I guess the weight ( strength ) is different ? No clue about steering rudders , boat props , fins etc ...
    Where to buy the hardware and what hardware ? Company's , website ... all info is highly appreciated ! What radio ?
    As I said , I'm new to all this but I like building ! I did find some building info on YT but not so much on the hardware that's being used .

Thanks for your time & help ,
    Bruno .

Most everything you will need can be purchased from OSE. That stands for
    Off Shore Electric. It is the store associated with this forum.

Hello Sir ,
    allright , but can someone point me what exactly I should buy ? A good decent set-up , not pushing it's limits but plenty fast .
    Thanks ,
    Bruno .

I built a GP310 last year. I have a TP4050 2100 kv motor in it but am going to put in a smaller 3640 1935kv. To be honest I have not used it a lot yet as we have no racing class for it and I seem to spend all of my time on my other boats. I am trying to stir interest in a P-ltd hydro class in our club to go along side the offshore class.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...light=ML+GP310
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Thanks Peter !