Thread: What Data Logger do you use?

Default What Data Logger do you use?

I have seen many posts about using a data logger to measure amp draw but only a few mention what they are using. The few I have seen mention EAGLE TREE SYSTEMS. However, I saw that in 2020, Eagle Tree has closed up shop.
    What other stand-alone systems will record amp draw and/or watts, etc.? I have found a few online but they seem limited or appear to only show real-time results instead of recording a run. I'm looking for a unit I can move between my various R/C boats and cars so it can't be an ESC with a built-in data logger.
    Thank you for the help!
    Info and pictures about our Invincible Razor build, Lindberg PT Boats; Racing Runabout; Pro Boat Stealthwake and more! Plus videos of our boats including upgrades, repairs, etc.

I used an Eagletree myself and think it was pretty good for the price, shame to hear that they have gone under.

Maybe consider putting an add in the wanted section, I haven't used mine in years and while it was very helpful I think they are most helpful to those with less experience, as after a while you learn to know what to expect for a given setup. I would be up for selling mine, and I expect there are others closer to you that are in the same boat.

The SM Unilog is a German made alternative, I know a few people with them and they are an amazing device, much more capable device than the Eagletree, but you pay a much higher price for it too.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

The SM Unilog works well for me. You can adapt sensors, current sensors to 400A are available and they withstand even more ;-) , ...
    Sometimes I combine it with the GPS-Logger from "SM Modellbau" and then you can have all data such as Current, Voltage, rpm, GPS-Speed in one plot. It helps to understand a lot.
    Sure it does cost money but if you understand what you are doing you will easily save this money by not learning by burning ;-)

In early 2021 I found a data logger from Hyperion called the Emeter v2. It has a remote data logger you put inside your vehicle (boats in my case) and it will record AMPs, Watts, Volts, Temp, RPM, altitude, and others, just not GPS speed. At the time I had a hard time finding all the parts and thought I had picked up the last units in existence. These were new in 2009. However, Hyperion either found more or made more because you can get all the parts and accessories for dirt cheap now (it's July 2023). So I picked up another complete kit, everything you need, for $22 USD.
    If you want a good and really, really inexpensive data logger for your boats, cars, planes, head over to https://hyperion-world.com/en/tools-...urement-device Hyperion's website and search "Emeter" if the link doesn't take you right there.
    Here's an in depth review from 2009 from RCGroups: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rion-Emeter-II
    If anyone is interested in learning more, I can post files and/or images of the graphs you can get out of this data logger.
    Info and pictures about our Invincible Razor build, Lindberg PT Boats; Racing Runabout; Pro Boat Stealthwake and more! Plus videos of our boats including upgrades, repairs, etc.