Thread: receiver issue ? or servo

Default receiver issue ? or servo

One of my builds has spun out and flipped twice on me ....while going straight .....Spektrum SR210 receiver. I have other builds that use the same type SR210's and have had no issues. I beginning to think that this one receiver is having an intermittent problem.....or possibly a servo issue.. always happens about the same range away. Opinions and suggestions ?
    Thanks.......

We need far more detail to help you. Your request is like saying “how long is a piece of string”. Give us the details of your boat - hull, hardware, motor, voltage, strut setting, prop, servo, external receiver battery, etc. A pic of the tramsom would help. We can’t help you if you/keep us in the dark.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

1st....thanks for your reply......I should have phrased my question differently, as I don't think a biography of this build is needed. I am just asking what has been found the be the most common culprit for a steering glitch.....receiver or servo. It's one or the other. Either is an inexpensive replacement. Receiver is a Spektrum SR210, Servo is a DS3218MG.
    Thanks

Fluid is right, from what you have said it could just as easily be a handling problem unconnected to your RX or Servo, like prop walk or torque roll.

While I don't think it is the most likely cause, of the 2 options you have given I think the RX is more likely, in my experience when a servo goes it is gone and wont start working again without opening it up and fixing the issue.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks....my thoughts also........as this incident has occurred in the same location on the lake (twice) ....I have "bound" to two different radios (DX2's) yielding the same results. I'll put in a new SR215 and see what happens next spring.
    Cheers