Thread: Any advice on Aeromarine build much appreciated.

Default Any advice on Aeromarine build much appreciated.

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the OSE forums, although i've been a customer of theirs for quite some time.
    I recently re-aquired a 55" Aeromarine hydro hull and need some professional advice on what will work. The boat has a Leapord 5692 1090kv along with a Octura x440 prop, no esc yet. The original plan was for the boat to now be ran on 8s. What I am wondering is if this is at least a reasonable setup? Before I pull the trigger on a esc I want to hear from you guys with experience with something similar or get some advice on a better route I should take. This is my first project on a FE boat this size so this will be a huge learning experience. All advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Correction, the boat is roughly 49" long

8S and that motor will be fine,( about 34,000 RPM, less under load) You will need a bigger prop.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Cool

For that motor 8S is a good choice for a hydro with a loaded rpm around 28,000 rpm. But as mentioned the prop is totally wrong, perhaps it?s a typo. An x457 or x460 would be more appropriate to start.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yep, not a typo but I'm obviously not even aware of what I have lol. I checked the prop and it's a x452. Judging by Fluid's suggestion, it's smaller but probably an okay start?

I?ve run boats with Jay (fluid); I think he was born with a transmitter in his hand... if he recommends a prop, rest assured that it is a VERY good recommendation.

452 prop on 28k rpm.. probably won?t even get up on plane.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet