Thread: Miss Geico 36 lap setup

Default Miss Geico 36 lap setup

I just got a geico 36 that is currently all stock except sharpened balanced stock props. I have been running it currently 5 or 6s with 4 5000mah batteries in the stock tray location. I have only run it about 6 times so my current issues may very well be driver error. My issues are mostly with turning. It doesn?t turn anywhere as well as my sonicwake 36 and turns better to the left than right. The rudder has equal travel both ways and as much travel as allowed by the stops. This my first catamaran so maybe my driving technique is the issue? Any suggestions on setup for oval or offshore lap racing or technique? I have flipped it a few times but it seems to happen just turning in and catching a wake.

I know someone will come in with a better answer. But here goes. The 36 is actually designed to slide/drift through corners if you get it right. You actually want to let off the throttle a bit to set yourself up for the corner. Then as you get to the apex of the corner smoothly start getting back on the throttle . If done right you'll see the rear of the boat sliding/drifting out of the corner. Looks cool as hell when ya get it right.

If your rolling it over in the corner I think you may be going to slow and trying to turn to sharply at the same time (I've come close a few times). The outside sponson is digging in and rolling it over. If your flipping the boat on the straights you need to adjust the stingers down a little bit (getting to much air packing in under the hull).

As for turning one direction better than the other I seem to remember someone else mention it but I can't remember the reason. Hope this all helps.

Sounds like what is happening. Definitely driver error. I am used to my sonicwake going through the turns at full throttle or close to it depending on conditions.But early on had a lot of crashes with that boat until I got used to it and the setup better. I am getting better with the geico now that I have more time on it. Of course the problem with the geico is once I flip it it takes awhile to retrieve it unlike the sonicwake self righting and go again. I don’t have much of a problem with the geico on the straights I am pretty good at throttle control when I see it start to get light. Just need more time on it but of course the weather is getting pretty crappy now.
    Thanks for your input.