Thread: 26? self righting impulse hull

Default 26? self righting impulse hull

eBay jobby here: $90 +$40 shipping... a lot I know. But I wanted to try it.
    Advertised as: “RC Pro Boat Deep-V IMPLUSE Epoxy Fiberglass Anti-Turnover Mono Racing Hull 26"

Decent hull, I did add cf/kevlar inlay and transom backer ‘cause I wanted to go fast through waves.

I went with neu 1509 1y 3667 kv on 3s and a 642 prop. Very quick >50mph but a little hoppy at speed.

Video to come... after this weekends snow, I hope!

Graphics design is my own creation using my vinyl cutter..
    Last edited by Jesse J; 03-28-2021 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Stupid ?? Instead of ‘s
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Default Blue printing bottom

This thing scoots! Runs great on 2S, self rights and looks great.
    But, when I go 3S.. she gets unruly and takes full advantage of the self-righting ability.

Turns out the hull had massive irregularities of over 1/8 inch. Remedied with two significant bondo sessions. While she was upside down, I also sharpened the strokes, chine and transom edges.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Nice looking boat Jesse

That should really help with the hopping at speed, or at least aid in tuning it out.

Default make over

here she is with repainted bottom and strut raised from 3/8 to 3/4 inch. you can see in this video before and after.
    before lowering strut but after blueprinting bottom is the first part, the second rough water part was filmed after I raised the strut another 3/8 inch. I know its hard to tell the difference, but still fun video and the song couldn't be more perfect!
    Video
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

FE slomo fun + Bowie
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono