Thread: PSA...Bearings for Turnigy 2845

Default PSA...Bearings for Turnigy 2845

Just a PSA. I searched the internet to find out what size bearings these little motors take. I could find nothing so I had to tear down one of the motors to measure them. I'm posting this for any future searchers. They take a 1/8" x 3/8" x 5/32". I got them on Amazon and they are a perfect fit! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, that's odd. I have taken apart probably 150-200 motors before, and I have not seen a single one with inch bearings in it. All were metric. Even the ones that had a 1/8" PTO shaft had a 5mm ID bearing on the rotor, and then the shaft stepped down to 1/8" after it exited the end bell.

But I do have to say that I have never taken apart a 28mm motor.

Believe me it took me a while to find the right bearing even with the bad bearing in my hand. I scoured the internet looking for the bearing using the metric measurements (3.17mm x 9.5mm x 4mm). Could not find it! Then I searched the same measurements using SAE measurements and they came up all over the place. I bought them not exactly sure they would work but they are indeed the proper bearing. Measurements are identical to the original bearings.

And I agree....I found it very odd that I could only find the bearing using the SAE measurements.

Well, I'll be danged! God only, knows why I bet.

Glad you found the right ones.