Thread: Small hole in my hull

Default Small hole in my hull

So I crashed the Zonda, going too fast into the wind, it flipped and then when I got my boat out of the water noticed this small ding. It?s not a complete thru hole but I ?pressure? tested by using my mouth and blowing air through it. It?s really thin and I can see daylight through it.

I was wondering if anyone has had luck using Bondo Glass auto body filler with fibers in the filler? Would this fix my problem or should I just put a small square of fiberglass on the inside them some resin/hardener and then fill and sand the outside and repaint?

Thx for any pointers or advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi crash
    I would not use bondo cause I would be afraid it crack later. I would 5 min epoxy . I like 5 min so it does nor leak al over . tilt the part so the hole is facing up. Put masking tape u could use the blue stuff around the hole outer edge . This is incase it drips . Mix up the epoxy . Using a popsicle stick and break it so it has a pointed edge. Dip it into the epoxy and slowly drip it into the hole. Once close you can use a tooth pic . You don?t have much time as it will thicken. You want to go fast as the exopy is thin . The trick is to use the right amount and fill the hole till it level with the part. You don?t want a dip just tiny bit above the hole . Let dry like 8 hours. Then take sand paper and dust the exopy off level . If after that there a dimple in it going down you can use spot paddy or ant filler to skim a layer flat over it.
    If you do it right it will sand flat and be ready to paint or use sharpie marker and color the exopy black to hid it . It?s up to u how far you want to go. Now you got a solid hard fix no need to bavk it with glass. It?s easy give it a try.

Thanks definitely will try just some epoxy method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk