Thread: Sprint 36 on 8s

Default Sprint 36 on 8s

Anyone try 8s on the Sprint? If so how she run ? What speed on straight always did u get . Thx

I run a sprint cat 36 on 12s with a TP 4070 850kv ,i have to say its on the limit ,i run at 75mph is no problem i ran it once at 102mph but that was under almost labartoy condition and blew a TP 4060 and a esc
    But for racing at 8s i think you will find a perfect motor at TP(for spec look at their site tp-power.de)

What type of running does the OP want? Oval racing? SAW racing? Tooling around the pond?

What run time would he accept? What $$$ is he willing to spend?

I’ve run both 6S and 8S in mine, the 8S was more for sport running at a lower amp draw and I never tried speeds over 65 mph with it. On 6S I was in the upper 80s in SAW racing but run time was short.

You can set it up for any practical speed through motor and prop choice. Set up properly 100 mph on 8S is certainly possible, but watch out for blowovers, the hull was never designed for speeds over ~70.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I ran mine on 8s lightweight low C cells, Neu 1521 1200KV, Suppo 200 ESC, detongued X440, 5.5 minutes runtime. It was an oval boat so I never ran it through the traps, but it looked somewhere in the mid 50mph range.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I race my 36" Sprint cat (Avenger) with twins TP 4050 1570KV and 180 Turnigy ESC's on 6S, - Max speed on the oval 77MPH.

Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet