Thread: Wanted sts

Default Wanted sts

Hi all
    Looking for a stuffing tube seal for my fe 29" v3 blackjack. Aeromarine has two but none in stock. I have a cup and collet i purchased from ose but it makes a damn mess. Stuffing tube is 1/4" and i make my own flexshaft cables from 20' of .150 cable i bought. Any direction would be mint. Thanx

Don't bother with the Aeromarine seal, make your own. I use a small piece of heat shrink over the end of the stuffing tube, that extends onto the flex cable 3-4mm. It helps limit the mess and stops water. The part that grabs on to the brass stuffing tub needs to be long enough to securely hold the tube otherwise grease and water will slide it off. Start with a clean outer surface on the stuffing tube to get a good hold. If it keeps coming off, after it's been formed by the heat, I've smeared a light film of silicone caulk on the stuffing tub and slipped the formed heat shrink back in place. When you heat the heat shrink over the flex cable, you don't want to to get too tight. It all depends on the size of the what heat shrink you use and how much heat you apply, but it's not a difficult task to figure out.

You can also use as hort section of silicone cooling hose in a similar manner. Slip it over the end of the stuffing tube and the more you slide it forward towards the motor, the tighter it will grab onto the flex. So you can tune the setup by sliding the hose back onto the brass tube. Again, just enough hanging off the end of the stuffing tube to wipe the grease off the flex as it gets installed into the collet.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)