This isn't to "complain", but to notify others of a multi-location hobby shop located in Arizona with HIGHLY suspicious business practices. The shop is 'Action Hobby', and, while they might have a physical location in Tempe, I suspect that the great majority of their business is done through their own website, and their eBay store.

I recently placed an order with them, and when the package was received, what I discovered inside was "interesting". The factory seal had been opened, and the twist tie on the wiring was missing, giving a very strong impression of having received a used item. I called the store, to inquire about the situation, and to see about a replacement being shipped to me. I was told that the one I received was the only one they had, so I was asked if I wanted a refund. Obviously, I said "yes"...but, I also wanted to find out why I had been shipped an open box item.

I explained how one might surmise that it may have been purchased by a customer, opened, and returned. Obviously, there would be no way for anyone to know whether, or not, the item had actually been used, or was truly in 'new' condition. The person I spoke with said gave another possibility - that, maybe, one of the sales people had opened the box, to show a possible customer the item, which I agreed was another possibility. However, there is no way of knowing which "possibility" is the real one period...and, since it was impossible to know which, returning for a full refund was the only legitimate option.

Move forward a week, the return had been received by the shop, and a refund issued...however, they only issued a partial refund, as the shipping fee was not included. Now, if I had changed my mind about the product, then it would be completely understandable that the shipping fee wouldn't be refunded. However, such was NOT the reason for the return - the item was returned due the factory-sealed box having been opened, and due to the possibility of a used product having been shipped to me (I am NOT accusing Action Hobby of knowingly shipping me a used product, only that it IS possible that it could have been used, meaning that a customer could have pulled the old "used for new switch-a-roo").

As if the situation wasn't already "interesting" enough, here's where it heads downhill even further. After receiving the "partial refund" email, I called Action Hobby, to ask why I was only issued a 'partial' refund. During this phone call, never once was I asked about any information pertaining to my order - not my name, address, order number, or anything else. Also, he didn't bother answering my question about why I had only received a partial refund. All he said was, "All of our servos are open, and on display.". Then he simply said, "What do you want?" I said, "The remainder of my refund." His reply? "Ok, goodbye."...followed by him hanging up without saying another word. Talk about a bit on the rude side.

I called back, to find out why he had so rudely hung up, and all he had to say was, "Go find someone to hug." So...they are a bit on the rude side, and they are condescending. If this is the type of business you enjoy making purchases from, then, by all means, go right ahead and buy from them. However, if you believe that these types of business practices are unacceptable, not only would I recommend not purchasing from them, but also spreading the word. Obviously, I will never purchase from them again, and I will do my best to make sure that others are aware of their business practices. I have nothing further to say.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place