Thread: Does Turnigy have computer link like Castle Link?

Default Does Turnigy have computer link like Castle Link?

I have the older Turnigy 120 Marine ESC's. I am trying like hell to sync them as there are two in the boat. One starts before the other and only one has reverse. I want to get them timed right and both to have reverse. Does Turnigy have anything like Castle Link? I have the Castle link on my computer and connection adapter. I just bought the Hobby Wing program box because I thought it was the same as the Hobby King Turnigy but I can't get the box to even connect to my Turnigy ESC's.

This is what I am trying to get synced. The boat moves out nice, but no reverse on one motor. I want both ESC's to have reverse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I program my Turnigy ESC's with a SeaKing programmer, which I think is the same as the Dynamite model too. However, your 120A's are newer ESC's than the 180A Turnigy's I have, so I don't know which programmer they use. With that said, you can usually program most ESC's using nothing but the transmitter and listening to the beeps, but it's easy to screw up and aggravating at best. I never do it, outside of setting the throttle calibration.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hmmm...Those ESC's I bought when I first did this build in like 2010 or 2011. Yes I know they can be programmed with the TX but I always mess it up. I think at some point (like 8 years ago) I did have them both hitting reverse. I have been out of the RC loop for a few years so I am not up on all the current techniques and products.

I have one of those white Turnigy program cards somewhere. I have moved since this build so it could be in storage but I feel like I saw it just a few months ago when I was looking for something else and just tossed it to the side. I bought from OSE the HobbyWing program box thinking it was the same but not so much. But that wasn't a total loss because my bigger boat with the scale Merc outdrives has the HobbyWing 180 amp ESC's so I can use it there. Plus I like it to just test LiPo voltage.

What I was really hoping for was Turnigy having software like Castle. I have the Castle link software on my computer and it works great. I sold the big Fountain that had the Castle Hydra 240's as well as the 450 helicopter that had a Castle ESC. But all my cars and trucks have Castle ESC's so I now use it for those. It would be awesome if all the ESC makers had the same type of software. Man...programming a Castle ESC with that link is so nice. You can actually tailor each ESC to your exact specs.

Yeah the Castle link is great, Castle have some great features, they put a lot of time and money into R&D to keep them up near the top of the usability and new features. If they didn't, nobody would be willing to spend 3-4x as much money on one.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.