Thread: Hobbywing program box won't work with...

Default Hobbywing program box won't work with...

...Turnigy ESC's?

Which box and which esc? There have been numerous Turnigy program boxes and versions of esc's.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Apparently they do not. I can also attest that Flycolor cards also do not work, at least not with the Turnigy 90A ESC. This is a big bummer as I got the 90A ESC, but the programming card is out of stock (for months now) at HK, and I keep trying to find a solution. No other card worked so far for me.

Yeah it doesn't. I tried everything. The ESC are the Turnigy pictured below and the program box is the one here on OSE. https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...rod=ker-100pro When I bought it I was confusing HobbyWing with HobbyKing. The Turnigy are HobbyKing. But it's not a total loss I use it all the time to check battery voltage. Plus my other boat has HobbyWing ESCs.

I'll have to find out what programmer to get because I do have one ESC with a totally different throttle curve than the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can look up the manuals for Turnigy ESC at Hobby King website. They are easy to program with the radio transmitter. That's what I ended up doing on my Turnigy 90A ESC. It is not as hard as I though - give it a try.

I tried going to the HK website but because this 120 amp ESC is discontinued they have very little information about them. Through some online cross referencing of some older posts from various RC forums I concluded at least one of these will work. They are cheap enough so I ordered both. Crazy thing is I know I have that white one somewhere. I tossed my entire house looking for it but it has been 10 years since I built that boat and bought those ESC's.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131120694202
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/131198343367

I'm hoping one will work because for some reason one ESC is way off from the other. When I advance the throttle one kicks in right away and the boat drags the other outboard until about 1/3 throttle then kicks in. Then at full throttle I can tell one is spinning faster. This explains why one battery goes dead quicker and why I kept breaking flex shafts on one motor. It was because that one motor was carrying most of the load of the boat. Even at a decent speed that one motor was doing most of the work so that flex shaft is carrying most of the load hence the breaking.

Forgot to add....yes on the HK website I was able to find the instructions to program with the TX and RX but I am really bad at it especially when I am trying to get two to do the exact same thing. I need some sort of visual parameter to ensure they are programmed identical.