Thread: Scratch built cat - Size recommendation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Scratch built cat - Size recommendation

I'm looking at building a Cat from the plans that have done the rounds on these forums over the years (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/66/92...f111981f79.jpg).

I only want to run a single drive-line as my end goal is to build a hydro so I don't want to break the bank with this one.

Looking at a mid priced motor/ESC/battery combo (any recommendations on those would be appreciated too) so I'm wondering what size I should build this to? I'm a male, so I want to build it as big as possible, haha, but I want it to perform well so I don't want it to be too big.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Mike

Considering your stated goals (not too costly but good performance) I’d recommend a 4S setup with a 1500-1800 Kv 36mm motor like the Leopard 3674 or similar. That will allow the ability to spin a larger, more efficient prop. Size the boat around 30” long making sure there is room for your motor and batteries.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks for your reply Fluid, much appreciated. I think I've done a backflip, and am going to have a go at a 1/10 hydro. I'd love to run it on nitro so keeping an eye out for a second hand engine but will keep you post in mind should I decide to stick with electric.