Thread: Scale caluculator fo scale truck, trailer and boat!

Default Scale caluculator fo scale truck, trailer and boat!

This may have been posted maybe a few times and maybe most RC hobbyists knew this but I did not. I was always guessing on the actual scale of my models. So in this link is a scale converter and sure enough I was right on my 50" Apache. I always figured it was a 1/10 scale of the 41' Apache.

https://www.ginifab.com/feeds/cm_to_...converter.html

So why am I looking at this now? Because I wanted to build or buy a scale boat trailer for my 50" Apache. Then what RC truck would I use, it would have to be a 1/10 scale truck and they are hitting the market. Just released by CEN Racing. It will be a while before they are in stock. $400 RTR not bad. Just need a trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Be aware that for competitive and marketing advantage a lot of the "1:10th scale" trucks are closer to 1:8th scale than they are to a real 1:10th scale. Check the wheelbases of the model and full size to see if you are being lied to.

Widths are often even more exaggerated than lengths
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

That particular truck has a 17" wheelbase. Seems about right to be scale to a 50" boat which replicates a 41 foot boat.

I doubt you will find better than that. The real truck has a 176" wheelbase, so it is a 1:10.35 scale truck and a 1:9.84 scale boat, it will look great.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

It's a cool truck for sure. It's one of the shelf queen type rc's.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Man I don't know. Seems like a good truck to run. Certainly not a "basher" but pretty nice running and certainly awesome for scale RC. These guys do a pretty good review on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99sHZishHMM&t=1204s

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    I doubt you will find better than that. The real truck has a 176" wheelbase, so it is a 1:10.35 scale truck and a 1:9.84 scale boat, it will look great.
    For sure, my Apache is 50" which makes it about 1:10 scale of an actual 41 foot Apache. Here is an actual 41 Apache on a trailer. The lines on the real boat are pretty proportional to the 50 inch model.
    Attached Images Attached Images