Thread: Df 53 Annihilator setup Q's

Default Df 53 Annihilator setup Q's

Hi, I was wonder if anyone can tell me a setup that will push the df 53 to 60mph? I need the works motor, ESC, Drive, prop etc. Any info be much appreciated. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much it would cost.

Thanks,
    Rich
    24 R/C vehicles and still counting...What budget?

56mm can motor 500-650kv motor, 300A esc, 10s (2P?), 1/4" drive, 65-67mm props. I would recommend building with a flood tube and strut instead of stinger to dial in the hull better.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Any recommendations on a servo and rudder? Also how to you drill the holes for the rail motor mount?

Why are you calling it a Q?
    Are you racing it in that class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry the Q stands for questions.

Is there nobody that can tell me how to drill the holes in the rails?

the easiest way to drill holes in rails in the boat is with a short bit set, and a right angle drill head.

Thanks bogieboy! I thought that might be the best way. Anybody else got any info on rudder, servo and struts for this boat?

I use a 1/4 scale servo, and a welding rod for a push rod to the rudder. Delta force sniper, 44”
    Cheers, Jay.

Sounds good, I was thinking about a tp 5670 600kv on 10s2p with a ztw 300 amp esc. I have heard that this esc motor combo has had problems, any thoughts?

lehner 3080/7T, sch 40160.

That's an expensive motor! What is the sch40160? I cant find it on the net

shultz 40/160 or the 300 IMO are the best esc's. unfortunately that company shut down years ago. they sell for 7-800 U.S. dollars. They are deal when you can get one when they come up for sale every now and then . MGM is 1200.00 which is the closest you can get to sch. and they rarely work, have to bring a lap top to the pond to reprogram...... B.S. Sch.... plug and play.
    Big boats are pricy 2-3K plus. You get what you pay for or less! Don't cheap out or you will be frustrated and end up paying way more in the long run.
    J.

Thanks for the tips. I think this boat is going to be out my price range for what it does. Not sure I'm going to build this one. Thanks for the help guys!

in all honesty, this size boat would be cheaper to build as a gas engined boat.... stock zenoah 260pum would be about $200, add another $100 or so for a tuned pipe setup, then 1/4" drive line and a fuel container (most racers run IV bags)

i speak form experience, as i got an old Dumas DV60 for cheap, looked into powering it, and the outlay for motor, esc and batteries was astronomical.... i built it up first with a weedwacker motor, then had an opportunity to trade some chainsaw parts for an older (new in box) Hanson pro ported G230pum, got a pipe for it, and its a blast, not entirely tuned in just yet, but time has been slim to tune... rides good, but need to play with pipe length yet.... i think i am into the entire build for under $500...

I thought about gas but I have had some people complain about my nitro boats. So electric is the way to go plus its fast in my opinion. I might just repower or build a mean machine with 2 tfl outboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sounds good, I was thinking about a tp 5670 600kv on 10s2p with a ztw 300 amp esc. I have heard that this esc motor combo has had problems, any thoughts?
    There is no reason this would not work just fine, and would be a good set up. You could go with the Swordfish 300 esc instead if you preferred, not much price difference.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    There is no reason this would not work just fine, and would be a good set up. You could go with the Swordfish 300 esc instead if you preferred, not much price difference.
    Thanks for the info Peter. I have had good results on the swordfish escs. I think i have had a change of plans though. If i am going to spend a large sum of money on a large boat why not make it something unique and different? I saw the twin XCAT (1400mm version) from mhz. I don't see to many of those. I think i will build that one. Do you have any suggestions for power on that hull I was thinking maybe 4092's 1400 kv on 5s2p (10000mah) 240am swordfishes each?

I thought about gas but I have had some people complain about my nitro boats. So electric is the way to go plus its fast in my opinion. I might just repower or build a mean machine with 2 tfl outboards.
    gas boat with a muffler and an internal stinger in the pipe is going to be pretty quiet compared to the buzzy nature of nitro boats....but yeah, i hear you on not wanting to annoy people.

I still get asked if my electric boats are gas??!?! Lol

I still get asked if my electric boats are gas??!?! Lol
    if i brought my gas boat out and pulled the muffler off, no one would ask if yours were gas.... a professionally ported g230pum on an external stinger aluminum pipe is pretty obnoxiously loud once it gets on the pipe....LOL

I bet it is! Haha