Thread: Do not trust user mcjohnscott

Default Do not trust user mcjohnscott

This guy responded to a real-life friend of mines post about wanting to buy a TFL popeye.

My friend whose user name on here is "Cable guy" got a message from this user saying he has a popeye for a decent price to sell to him/me.

Cable Guy nicely gave me the guys contact information and I contacted mcjohnscott in hopes i could obtain the popeye boat he supposedly has for sale.

There was some back and fourth on a payment method, at first i tried to use cashapp to make a payment and at first and since I am a first time user on this app my bank noted it as suspiscious activity and cancelled the payment and refunded my account the money. I tried to resend it again via cashapp and it kept getting declined by my bank. ok.

So eventually we settled on paypal and me not being super familiar with it, was told to select friends and family as the payment type by mcjohnscott, and i foolishly did (which is not backed up by paypals buyer protection services)

So after i sent the money he later told me that this paypal account I sent the money to, is not actually his own account but a friends - and said "friend" is now "not returning any calls" and this "Friend" has now "run off with my money" and he cant get a hold of this "friend".

I am currently in the remediation process with my own bank (wells fargo) in hopes they can refund my money.

Now looking back over the whole situation i should have known from the start something was fishy. as you can see this mcjohnscott VERY recently made his profile here on the forums (8/17/2020) and i believe this is a 100% scammer.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS USER!
    Attached Images Attached Images