Thread: I think this might be the fastest 4s pursuit in the world

Default I think this might be the fastest 4s pursuit in the world

https://youtu.be/iNcql1fKJ0c.

I don't have a gps reading. But I ran it through a measured area and had it timed. Its is doing 73 mph according to the time it ran through the measured area. This is on 4s.

Maybe 49mph..
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

That pass was over 450 to 500 feet

Also, this boat can run the zelos, the zonda, pretty much any out of the box 6s boat.

It has on a modded x450, and the motor is spinning almost 30000rpm underload with the modded x450.

That pass was over 450 to 500 feet
    How could you determine the speed if you don’t know the exact distance it covered? Answer - you can’t. Maybe it is going over 70, what were the time and distance measurements?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

In the video you should notice some buoys. I measure between each bouy. The buoys cover about 370 feet. You will notice the boat accelerated before the first buoy. According to my timing it averaged 50mph for the first 230 feet but was accelerating. Then they was a middle buoy between the circuit. From the middle buoy to the buoys at the end of the stretch is 172 feet to the closest buoy to the buoy in the center of the circuit.

The boat sailed from the middle buoy to the next buoy in 1.6seconds, which is 172feet. So that worked out to 107 feet per second or 73.3mph. In total the boat covered 450 to 500 feet until I backed off.

As if GPS in a boat wasn't inaccurate enough, now you're adding in timing and parallax variables to a questionable measurement process at best. The boat looks fun, that's what I measured.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

When I did my measurement. I had a paralell point identified on the land so I am able to create a straight line from the object on the land and the buoy in the water. Once the boat cross the intersecting line, I start timing from the first point to the second point.

So from the video I know the intersecting areas.

That area is big. I usually launch my boat at the mid area and sail my boat slow to area where I started in the video, and it takes 30 seconds from the mid area to sail to the one side and turn around.

https://youtu.be/_XS1tpd26C0

This video can give an idea how long it takes to get to one end when sailing slow.

This should give a better picture how large the area is.

Old video and sketchy early season driving but looks faster
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZZBNfozbgQ
    Noisy person

Yeah nah that ain't 70+ mph. At 70 mph on that water the pursuit wouldn't manage a run without stuffing in. Put a gps in it to get a close idea of speed, run through a timed course for accurate speeds. Guessing is just that, about x distance is just guessing. I reckon Jesse is closer. I see guys using gps for tuning, but when they run through the laser timing the real speeds are a bit less. The better the gps the closer it will be, it all depends on the hz the gps operates at as to the accuracy of the max speed recorded. That is still not as accurate as laser timing over a set distance.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

I race a pursuit that was hitting 64 on gps and mine was pulling away from his. He was also running 4s.

That is 64mph the other pursuit did.

That Pursuit I posted holds a national championship. Oh and multiple fires. haha. I quit racing it a few years ago. It's not stable enough in traffic over 60. The competition can run the same speed without having to run loose. Still a killer boat though. I raced the crap out of my Pursuits. I've got a diver going down for my carbon Pursuit again tomorrow in fact.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    YI see guys using gps for tuning, but when they run through the laser timing the real speeds are a bit less. The better the gps the closer it will be, it all depends on the hz the gps operates at as to the accuracy of the max speed recorded. That is still not as accurate as laser timing over a set distance.
    Agreed, light beam timing is as accurate as it gets, but the bigger difference between timing beams and GPS is the lights take an average speed over a set distance while GPS racing yields instantaneous peak speeds over very short distances. It's not that GPS isn't necessarily as accurate. Very few claimed "GPS" speeds can be held over the longer distance of a sanctioned set of timing lights. Mine included.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I raced the crap out of my Pursuits. I've got a diver going down for my carbon Pursuit again tomorrow in fact.
    Cool. How long has it been down there?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

He's going down for the Raptor we sank Saturday. He knows the Pursuit us still down there and wanted to look again. The Pursuit has been there for years now.
    Noisy person

https://youtu.be/9k-rbzklXcw

I dropped in a lower kv and ran 5s. The boat might be doing high 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    https://youtu.be/9k-rbzklXcw

I dropped in a lower kv and ran 5s. The boat might be doing high 70's.
    Sorry dude, but that would be high 50's at best (unless you are talking kph). On that water you would never keep a Pursuit stable on the water much faster than you are going. You need to at least get gps to have any real idea of actual speed. A guess is just a guess.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.