Thread: Flier 400A esc

Default Flier 400A esc

Quick question...I have never owned a Flier ESC. There are two positive wires and two negative wires coming out of the esc for battery connections. Is one set for each battery (hook up two 5S batteries and get 10S)? Or is it hook up two batteries (5S) and you still have 5S with more run time. Are the leads series or parallel?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Parallel, Same voltage, more capacity
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks!

Just thought of one more scenario....If I just use one set of battery feeds and hook up 2X5S to them, will that be 10S and not hurt the esc. Or should I connect the two reds together and the two blacks together and connect to two 5S batteries with a Y harness?

First of all, I'm unfamiliar with the voltage rating on this ESC so I can't comment on whether feeding it 10S is safe or not. If you use only a single set of power leads on the ESC to connect two 5S packs, your voltage depends on how that connection is made. If the batteries are connected in parallel, you'll get 5S voltage and double the capacity. If the batteries are connected in series, you'll get 10S voltage and no increase in capacity.

In your second scenario, if you connect both blacks together and both reds together, your ultimate voltage still depends on how the batteries are connected.

This is all moot really... what voltage do you plan on running this boat on? 5S or 10S?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

10S The esc can handle up to 16S.

If 10S and not 10S2P, you'll either use a single set of ESC power wires, or solder them together into a single coupler. You'll wire your two 5S packs together in series and the positive from one will attach to the red wire, while the negative from the other pack will attach to the black power lead.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for the quick replies!!! Can always count on you.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieM41 View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies!!! Can always count on you.
    happy to help!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)