Thread: New to Boating 🛶

Default New to Boating 🛶

Hi everyone!! New to the rc boating world, been into rc cars for quite some time. I was browsing the wonderful world of eBay and saw a Spartan and thought why don?t I have one of these. Only had it out for 2 runs and having quite a blast, just hate flipping it and having to go swimming 😒. My question is where is a good place to see how to set it up? I didn?t realize how much they can be adjusted. Looking forward to seeing how this boating itch turns out!!

In the RTR section there is a forum dedicated to the Spartan.
    Many different threads with many different questions & solutions.

Here's a link. Welcome to a world of fun.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...shless-Q-amp-A

Awesome, I?ll check that out!! Appreciate all the help, just curious what was your first rc boat also was boating what got you into the rc hobby??

Quote Originally Posted by RC TTwins View Post
    Hi everyone!! New to the rc boating world, been into rc cars for quite some time. I was browsing the wonderful world of eBay and saw a Spartan and thought why don?t I have one of these. Only had it out for 2 runs and having quite a blast, just hate flipping it and having to go swimming ��. My question is where is a good place to see how to set it up? I didn?t realize how much they can be adjusted. Looking forward to seeing how this boating itch turns out!!
    First off, please never! Go swimming to retrieve a boat there are to many horror storys,very unsafe. It would be best to find a local club to join as you would have plenty of people willing to help. My first boat was a Dumas Atlas Van lines kit way back in 79. Never did get it on the water even though I was in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean aboard the USS. Shasta LOL. Had a nitro motor I used a boot lace to start it with and was not easy lol.