Thread: Tinting epoxy.

Default Tinting epoxy.

I?ve Researched all over the forms and Internet on how to tint epoxy And there not very good information On what product to use. I would like to tint 30 min epoxy. Any suggestions on what to use for products thank you

Tell me more about what you are trying to accomplish. Sounds like you want to use epoxy to waterproof and as a paint at the same time? I have used this product in wood stains before, seems like it wouldn't affect the epoxy but definitely test it first. There are cheaper dyes out there but I haven't used them.
    https://www.rockler.com/transtint-dyes

I know West Systems makes a white, grey and a black liquid tint for their epoxies. They work really well. I also have a bunch of tints from China that look more like food colouring that I have not tried.
    https://www.westsystem.com/the-105-s...ives-pigments/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

I use a black dye from Composite Envisions. It turns most translucent 2 part epoxies black, and gets JB Weld somewhere around slate colored. I've also seen other's use Rit fabric dye.

JB Weld (Dyed on motor mount, no dye on stuffing tube)
    2018-07-21 21.19.59.jpg

West Systems G-Flex
    IMG_20200621_174954.jpg IMG_20200621_181455.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

This is non-structural. The epoxy was going to applied around the stuffing tube so it would blend into the carbon fiber. I did a carbon fiber inlay in one of my boats and I want to epoxy the edges.

Besides from the usual epoxy pigments I use quite a lot liquid acrylic pigments (ink). You can find the ink in most good art stores and it only takes like two drops for a 5g batch of epoxy.

Try graphite powder, you can make it with a pencil lead and sand paper, or get the stuff they use on skateboard bearings.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.