I?ve had the Kyosho Jetstream 888ve for a several weeks now. And other than having to disassemble the whole thing, to seal the gap between the stuffing box tube, & the rear mounting bracket for the stinger. Do to the gap between the end of the tube, and the rear bracket of about 5/16? where water would pour inside.
Also the lack of grease inside the stuffing box tube itself, almost expected with a RTR kit. It?s been a fast running boat.
During a run last week, after a storm blew through (remnants of hurricane Isaias), I didn?t see the log floating on top of the water, & launched the boat into the air. It landed fine, I got back into the throttle and it made a terrible noise. Brought it back into shore, and the bearings in the stinger were destroyed, allowing the prop shaft to walk around, all over the place.
The stock stinger assembly used (1) 4x7x2.5mm bearing at front of stinger, a plastic tube spacer, then (1) flanged 4x7x2.5mm bearing acting as a thrust bearing on the end of the stinger, before the drive dog.
Took a while to make a tool, to extract the outer bearing race, deep within the front of the stinger outdrive, but I eventually got it out.

The new setup is (4) Traxxas #TRA5124 sealed bearings, all pressed into the front of the stinger, followed by a custom brass sleeve spacer, then a single flanged bearing from Goblin Helicopters #HC486-S (MF74ZZ).
I now have a bulletproof outdrive, with about 4 hours of run time on it, with no noticeable runout or endplay in the prop shaft.
Costs were under $10 for the bearings, a spacer could be fabricated from a prop spacer & just cut to the correct length, rather than making one from solid barstock as I did.
Thanks,
Shadow