Thread: Scale Hydro plans

Default Scale Hydro plans

Hi, I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this is a duplicate thread.

Does anyone have a good source for hydroplane plans? I am not interested in competitive racing, just having fun buzzing around the lake. I have enough experience woodworking and model building that I feel confident building from scratch, but i don't want to design my own (not yet anyway). I've seen a few but they are mostly classic boats (shovel noses or like the Atlas in my profile pic). I'd like to build something more modern.

Thanks,
    Jon

Here you go https://mlboatworksrc.com/ . They sell plans and I think kits . I'm building the 2008 Miss Elam but I'm doing mine with a RC Boat Company Fiberglass hull.

Newton Marine has lots of hydro plans.
    http://www.newtonmarine.com/plans.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Have you tried google? There are a few free plans on the net. What size do you want to build?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Hey, thanks everybody, I will check out those sites. I want to build something about 42" long. My Atlas model is about 36" and it is was tough to fit the batteries in it (partly because I didn't plan on making it electric 30 years ago). I am going to reuse all the hardware because I'm not willing to spend hundreds more to get another boat going in addition to what it costs to build the hull.

Cool

Depending on the parts, the power setup for the 36? hull may not perform very well in the larger hull. While its only 6? longer, the weight and drag will be much greater. Example: most will power a 36? hydro with 6S while a 40?+ hull gets 8S or 10S. Not that it won?t work, but it may have trouble planing off, amp draw will be greater and the temps may get pretty high - again depending on the motor, ESC and packs. Just something to be aware of.

BTW, MLBoatworks’ business is selling kits, I’m not aware that they sell plans only.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I should have mentioned, I have a 10S battery setup (pair of 5S packs) so I probably overpowered the 36" hull.