Thread: Carbon fiber outrigger

Default Carbon fiber outrigger

I was wondering if anybody can point me in the direction to get a good carbon fiber out rigger for Saw runs

All the record holders for outrigger SAW are custom hulls. I know that BBY Racing make some nice outrigger CF hulls.
    the larger one is called a Liftmaster, here is the two motor edition:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ger&highlight=

here is the smaller one:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ger&highlight=
    Last edited by larryrose11; 08-15-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Hello Mike,

As Larry pointed out most SAW specific rigger hulls are hand made and typically not offered for general sale.
    If you specifically want a carbon rigger hull BBY is a going to be your best bet. Randy can likely build you a bare hull or rig it with specific hardware.
    You can also buy a wood hull kit and and reinforce with CF and/or Kevlar. This is a more budget approach, but less risk than destroying a CF hull.
    They are some European hulls like the Dr. Evil which can be run for SAW.

-Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

[QUOTE=RaceMechaniX;748202]Hello Mike,

As Larry pointed out most SAW specific rigger hulls are hand made and typically not offered for general sale.
    If you specifically want a carbon rigger hull BBY is a going to be your best bet. Randy can likely build you a bare hull or rig it with specific hardware.
    You can also buy a wood hull kit and and reinforce with CF and/or Kevlar. This is a more budget approach, but less risk than destroying a CF hull.
    They are some European hulls like the Dr. Evil which can be run for SAW.

OK thanks for the input which kind of Woodhull do you think I could run 6S in all I found is the zip kit 21FEe And the ML boat works they got to have some other companies I just can?t find any other ones but I am definitely going to look at the BBY hulls

What hull do you have that you were running 142mph That’s the Kind of numbers I’m trying to do

Mike,

That is my own hull design. I am on the 8th or 9th iteration of that hull. I design them in CAD, laser cut the wood, glue together and then reinforce with carbon. This allows me the most flexibility to make changes without spending huge time and money on molds for a carbon tub. I have used full composite tubs from my teammate with equally good success, but component fitment was tight which always led me back to making my own specific tubs. Pic is of an all carbon Q hydro rigger. This boat ran 144mph.

The JAE67/80/90 rigger and ML RSX380 riggers are good platforms to start with. You can build your own sponsons when the speeds get higher. 100mph is a pretty good benchmark target for these hulls to reach. Beyond that the level of detail and customization goes up exponentially.

-Tyler
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Mike,

That is my own hull design. I am on the 8th or 9th iteration of that hull. I design them in CAD, laser cut the wood, glue together and then reinforce with carbon. This allows me the most flexibility to make changes without spending huge time and money on molds for a carbon tub. I have used full composite tubs from my teammate with equally good success, but component fitment was tight which always led me back to making my own specific tubs. Pic is of an all carbon Q hydro rigger. This boat ran 144mph.

The JAE67/80/90 rigger and ML RSX380 riggers are good platforms to start with. You can build your own sponsons when the speeds get higher. 100mph is a pretty good benchmark target for these hulls to reach. Beyond that the level of detail and customization goes up exponentially.

-Tyler
    Thanks for the help how much would a hull like that cost And would it be able to fit 2. 6cells

Thanks for the help and would it be able to fit 2 6cells How much would it cost

Hello Mike,
    I can fit a single 5000A 6S pack in these hulls or two 6S 2700-3000mAh packs depending on which ESC is used.
    The cost can vary quite a bit depending on what hardware and amount of assembly a builder does for you. A hull and sponsons like this will set you back over $1k without the power system.
    I say this politely: don't be surprised if builders are unwilling to sell/build you a SAW rigger. When your goals are a 100+ there is a fair bit of risk involved not only for you and where you run, but the greater boating community. So SAW builders tend to shy away from selling or building hulls for guys outside known groups. I figured I would mention this early here to head off ambiguity.

imagejpeg_0.jpgQD%20Rigger%20005.jpgIMG952016091395190551570.jpg

-Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Hello Mike,
    I can fit a single 5000A 6S pack in these hulls or two 6S 2700-3000mAh packs depending on which ESC is used.
    The cost can vary quite a bit depending on what hardware and amount of assembly a builder does for you. A hull and sponsons like this will set you back over $1k without the power system.
    I say this politely: don't be surprised if builders are unwilling to sell/build you a SAW rigger. When your goals are a 100+ there is a fair bit of risk involved not only for you and where you run, but the greater boating community. So SAW builders tend to shy away from selling or building hulls for guys outside known groups. I figured I would mention this early here to head off ambiguity.

imagejpeg_0.jpgQD%20Rigger%20005.jpgIMG952016091395190551570.jpg

-Tyler
    yes that is very nice Rigger I understand that they?re not cheap at all and Some builders Well not built for just anybody I willing to put out The money that it takes to get one built by a professional and make a friend at the same time I still have to put out 1800 to 2000 for the power plant because I?m going LMT 2280 and tmm 40063-3
    I live in New Orleans and we have a group of people about 25 of us that go out on Sundays and just have a good time I already have a 51? Hellcat that is doing 98mph So I know that it can be pretty dangerous when you start flipping them over but thanks for your input

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg That’s my hellcat

Mike,
    I am not aware of any hull available today that will fit a 40063. You will need a gas size rigger tub, perhaps even larger. Try getting a hold of Randy at BBY Racing he may have a wide tub available.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Mike,
    I am not aware of any hull available today that will fit a 40063. You will need a gas size rigger tub, perhaps even larger. Try getting a hold of Randy at BBY Racing he may have a wide tub available.
    Yes I got in touch with Mr. Randy and he is doing me a custom hull Just got a wait a few months for it to be ready thanks for your help

Now I just got to get in touch with Chris Hoffman and get me a Good prop man