Hello,

This is my first time joining the forums, and I was hoping to get a little insight on an issue I am having.

I have Proboat Sonicwake 36". Stock ESC & Motor.

Upgrades adjustable trim tabs, longer turn fins, Dual rudder pick up.

I am useing a Dasboata prop from Chris Hoffman the sonic BS. (unsure of sizing)

At first i purchased normal Lipo batteries by HRB 5000mah 50c 3cell x2 (Ec5 connectors). Then maybe 2 days of running the boat one of the cells on a lipo puffed, then the next run it blew out.

Stupid of me, i go and buy another 3 of these lipos, because i want double the run time and can switch battery packs. Yet the same thing happens over the next 2 weeks, I burst another battery. then another.... I can't understand what is wrong, i mean the ESC does get hot, but at 150 F i let the boat cool and the batteries hardly warm. I let it cool down, put it back in the water and then run it until i get the saftey shut off and i then i bring the boat back in.

I open the hatch now and i can smell it as soon as i take it out of the water. there goes another battery.... wtffff. The wires on ESC and battery always getting super hot 150 degrees along with esc.

OK so now i do a bit of research and come across these Graphene lipos and im like these are the answer, they dont puff, (what they said) and run a lot cooler.

I ran the graphene batteries for a few weeks then pop goes a graphene battery.

I LOVE Rc boating but having to buy new batteries this frequent is making me broke and just really a downer for me.

A couple of other things, since im home everyday i run the boat every single day. Would that be an issue? running the boat, coming home throw them on the charger and then back out the next day.

I always balance charge them every single time.
The shaft is greased every 2-3 runs.

Do you think a better brand battery would help solve this issue I am having or possibly a bigger ESC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone! - Jason