Thread: Lipo troubles in my Proboat Sonicwake

Angry Lipo troubles in my Proboat Sonicwake

Hello,

This is my first time joining the forums, and I was hoping to get a little insight on an issue I am having.

I have Proboat Sonicwake 36". Stock ESC & Motor.

Upgrades adjustable trim tabs, longer turn fins, Dual rudder pick up.

I am useing a Dasboata prop from Chris Hoffman the sonic BS. (unsure of sizing)

At first i purchased normal Lipo batteries by HRB 5000mah 50c 3cell x2 (Ec5 connectors). Then maybe 2 days of running the boat one of the cells on a lipo puffed, then the next run it blew out.

Stupid of me, i go and buy another 3 of these lipos, because i want double the run time and can switch battery packs. Yet the same thing happens over the next 2 weeks, I burst another battery. then another.... I can't understand what is wrong, i mean the ESC does get hot, but at 150 F i let the boat cool and the batteries hardly warm. I let it cool down, put it back in the water and then run it until i get the saftey shut off and i then i bring the boat back in.

I open the hatch now and i can smell it as soon as i take it out of the water. there goes another battery.... wtffff. The wires on ESC and battery always getting super hot 150 degrees along with esc.

OK so now i do a bit of research and come across these Graphene lipos and im like these are the answer, they dont puff, (what they said) and run a lot cooler.

I ran the graphene batteries for a few weeks then pop goes a graphene battery.

I LOVE Rc boating but having to buy new batteries this frequent is making me broke and just really a downer for me.

A couple of other things, since im home everyday i run the boat every single day. Would that be an issue? running the boat, coming home throw them on the charger and then back out the next day.

I always balance charge them every single time.
    The shaft is greased every 2-3 runs.

Do you think a better brand battery would help solve this issue I am having or possibly a bigger ESC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone! - Jason

1 more question lol - Now all I have left in terms of lipos, is the 1 HRB 5000mah 3cell 50c, and 1 HRB Graphene 5000mah 3cell 100c. Can i run these 2 lipos as a 6 cell? or am i asking for more trouble?

It is possible that you have the LVC set too low. What voltage is it set at?
    And also, what voltage are the cells at when it has hit the LVC and youv'e brought it in and checked the cells?

Hi Jason you can't mix lipo's you must be using the same brand and spec lipo in series ,and what 785 said check the LVC (set it 3.2v)

Hey guys, thanks for replying.

I am not sure what the stock LVC is set at. Is that something I adjust on the charger or the ESC? If ESC I guess i need a program card of sorts to change it? What device should I have that can check my voltage on the cells?

I did however desperately want to run the boat and ran with the 5000mah 100c and 5000mah 50c, i ran it, nothing bad happened (Yet) but the esc shuts off pretty quick i guess that's the LVC. Ill need to look more into that.