Thread: Proboat blackjack 24

Default Proboat blackjack 24

Looking to replace the stock 2000kv 4 pole motor. Mine is blown, I?ve installed a 120a esc and plan on running 6s. Any recommendations on what motor should fit and kv? Thank in advance.

Think of it this way. The stock electronics were chosen to run 3S max...so, if your planning on running 6S, you'll need to drop down to approx a 1000kV motor. Granted, I'm still in the "learning" stages of FE...but, from what I've learned, for "sport" (as opposed to "race", you want you motors turning around 25K rpm. The stock motor on 3S would have been approx 25,200rpm...thus, a 1000kV on 6S would be turning approx the same room.

Whatever you do, good luck...just, don't destroy your BJ. At the same time, if you do, make certain you've videoed it, and share the video for everyone to see. Call it an 'instructional' video...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

6S will be too much weight for that little hull, especially being offset to one side. Packaging issues aside, 6S on 2000kV is possible, but the hull wasn't designed for those speeds. It will be difficult to control, short straight line spurts, and when it does crash, the ABS hull will be unforgiving. I had a good time with that boat and it was as stepping stone to bigger hulls. If you want to get it back on the water, I suggest a similar sized can (36x40 maybe?) from a brand like Leopard. Stick with the same kV rating and 3S. Run a 4S pack if you're looking for more speed. Don't try to overpower it. It will be a waste of time and money. When the boat doesn't meet your needs, move on to a bigger one.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)