Thread: Help with Proboat veles set up

Default Help with Proboat veles set up

Need a little help to set up a Veles, Getting a friend into RC boating picked up a Veles for him and I want to get all the heat issues out of the way. Has any one done a thread on strut depth different props etc, I have him running on 5's with stock prop sharped and balanced. I have A BJ 29 V1 and I think Madracer did one on that and it took care of my heat issues. We do heat races with a hand full of us on a make shift shorter not a full RC oval coarse, hopefully heading lake Powell for a house boat trip. I know parts are hard to come by right know due to Covid, I think I will add an external water pickup since i cant find a duel pickup rudder.
    Thanks MrRiz

As far as making do with what you've got, you can improve cooling by removing as many restrictions in the system as possible. I drilled out the brass barb and water pickups in the rudder with a small drill bit to open up the inner diameter. The water outlet on the side of the hull also has plenty of material to send a small drill bit through and open it up some. Clocking the water jacket to get the forward hose barb as close to the 12:00 position as possibly will increase the amount of water inside the jacket and in contact with the motor can itself. Also, I believe Proboat plumbs the cooling to the motor before the ESC from the factory on that boat. If you've got some additional cooling hose on hand, you can replumb the system to cool the ESC first, then the motor.

As for strut adjustment, you can start with a level strut, about a dime's thickness above a flat table surface as a good starting point. You mentioned you're running 5S, so I assume that's 3S and 2S packs in series. You might play with which side the heavier 3S pack gets placed on based on how well the hull is turning in rougher race water.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for the information fweasel much appreciated.