Thread: Rico 31

Default Rico 31

Rico 31 (that was never built)
    Hull, motor mount, Leopard 4092 1480KV 3.5D motor, Turnigy 180 ESC, (2) Nano Tech 5.0 11.2v lipo batteries, large rudder, trim tabs, turning fins, Traxxas 2075 servo, in hull water pickups, water cooling outlets, canopy latches, piano wire drive, propeller, stinger, fiberglass materials, extras.

$150 + shipping
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hammer rescue boat on 2S, Supervee on 4S, Rico 31 under construction on 6S
    HO train on DC power, Nirvana II on wind power, antique phonographs on wind-up power

I will take it

If no one has bought it ill take it.

Pm sent with shipping info.

If still availible il throw ya 225

Caveat Emptor
    Nortavlag Bulc

It does seem too good to be true. Quite a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by bhorowitz View Post
    It does seem too good to be true. Quite a bargain.
    After using the Swap Shop for many years myself I have seen many goods deals come & go. Been watching for something exactly like this for a little while, happy to be the first “I’ll take it” in contact with seller just waiting for shipping quote so I can complete payment.

Darn, always late for the party...what a deal!

Payment sent via Paypal. Thanks Rick!

This item has been sold
    HO train on DC power, Nirvana II on wind power, antique phonographs on wind-up power

The boat and parts shipped today

Quote Originally Posted by Goonboy2 View Post
    The boat and parts shipped today
    Thanks for the update. I will let you know when It arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi8iS View Post
    Thanks for the update. I will let you know when It arrives.
    1st half of the shipment arrived safely. Thanks! Having a mail order business myself I have experienced longer delays on larger packages. I?m sure that is the case with the hull. I will let you know once it arrives.

The hull & the rest of the items arrived today. Exactly 20 days & that is not even that bad. I have 2 domestic packages that have eclipsed 30 days. I highly, highly recommend avoiding the USPS while Donald Dumbp is sabotaging it! I have run a mail order business for over 20 years & have never encountered anything even close to this. I currently have almost $400 tied up in Paypal claims due to packages not arriving on time & just sitting with no tracking updates. Newly appointed (by Dumbp) Louis DeJoy is literally ruining the Post Office by design. I generally try to avoid politics, but when your presidents actions directly effect you in such a negative manner it’s hard to ignore.......

Well, glad you got safe and sound. . .you got a great deal

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Well, glad you got safe and sound. . .you got a great deal
    Thanks, yes happy to have it & the wait was fine, I expected it. I really just wanted to bring these shipping issues into light to help others possibly avoid these problems, delays........Paypal claims. I highly recommend UPS or Fed Ex until they get there stuff together. Crazy thing is I ordered a 61? hull from Mhz 10 days after this hull & it came 5 days sooner, from Germany. That should not be the case.

" I really just wanted to bring these shipping issues into light to help others possibly avoid these problems, delays........Paypal claims. I highly recommend UPS or Fed Ex until they get there stuff together. "

I've been meaning to bring this up myself; pardon the hi-jack BUT YES - after shipping worldwide but mostly domestic for years (I use a professional shipper/boxer) I've been advised by my shipper that USPS should be avoided - rates have gone way up so He's been finding me better deals on FedEx. Even so I've been lowering my selling prices to help compensate my customers for the increased shipping.

BTW I almost jumped on the Rico deal - they're way cool hulls* - be sure to post some build photos & run vid's

*I remember at the 2008(?) NAMBA Nat's that Mike Martin & (I think it was) Ken Haines had full 31 "P-Mono's and they were smokin' fast
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Also watch out for FedEx. A buddy of mine had a package literally sit at the same warehouse/depot he works at for almost a month. Then we he called and complained/bitched them out he recieved it but it looked like this: FB_IMG_1598574191729.jpg
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Fyi there was lipos in that box..... Thank God they didn't get crushed.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

I bought two ABC props from Walt Barney and they got to me in 2 weeks in Canada. I'd say I've had no problem with USPS.

I bought 2 things from China and good luck with those things.... Been waiting over a month
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I bought two ABC props from Walt Barney and they got to me in 2 weeks in Canada. I'd say I've had no problem with USPS.

I bought 2 things from China and good luck with those things.... Been waiting over a month

When I was sprucing up a boat for sale I ordered some locally out-of-stock colored silicone tubing from Bangood in China. I filed a paypal claim after 90 days with no tubing. It came the next day.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono