Thread: Pro Boat 1/8 Bud

Default Pro Boat 1/8 Bud

Im about to pick up a 1/8 and 1/12 Pro Boat Miss Bud as a package deal. The 1/8 has never been run. But Im second guessing it. For what Im paying (roughly $700) I would rather buy a nice scale FE boat (used). I've only posted here maybe one time and am not familiar with the site. I would be interested in a 1/8 Miss Bud, Smokin Joe or Winston Eagle. Can anyone point me where to look for nice used equipment?

But you said you are buying a 1/8 Miss Bud so why are you looking. 700.00 for both is a great price as they are rare to find anymore.

Yes it is a great price. I just know that the performance/engineering/design is not nearly as good as some of the top kit boats. Plus, id want to convert it to FE. It will likely end up in an acrylic case on display in my man cave lol. Maybe I will tinker with the 1/12 Bud.

The 1/8th scale proboat model, while beautiful, is relatively fragile and slow. It it what it is. That's a fantastic deal. I had considered driving over to MI myself to pick them up when I saw it online, but found what I wanted locally.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)