Thread: Replaced my Servo in my Sonicwake Proboat and WOW!!!

Default Replaced my Servo in my Sonicwake Proboat and WOW!!!

Finally, upgrade my stock SpektrumRC 9kg Servo and installed a #FANMODULE 20KG WP Digital servo, and wow, what a difference in my #Sonicwake! Plus, I am going to be installing a Seaking 180a ESC!
    https://www.facebook.com/djmattpaul1...95330561363162
    Last edited by UpliFT-RC; 08-03-2020 at 06:36 AM.

Many don’t realize the difference a servo can make. I up-powered a T-powered boat several years ago and when I would quickly hit WOT the boat would turn sharply or spin out. Took me awhile to figure out it was the analog servo. Even though the servo’s torque values were high, I just didn’t have control of the boat. Isn’t it supposed to be radio control? Installing a digital servo with similar specs corrected things completely, no other changes.

Digital servos have a very high centering force, while analogs do not - this is why the digital solved my control problem. That’s one reason the most powerful SAW boats use digital servos, they need to stay controlled. Too, digitals often have quicker response time, regardless of what analog specs might say. I use them on most all my boats.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

It makes a huge difference! This is the one I got!
    756a83e8-deb0-4c0c-82be-669e3befca6c_1.3a5f1826f4929bc5b2c1c90460f0ca60.jpeg
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7

I just swapped out the stock servo for an EcoPower 110WP servo. It drives like a new boat, amazing! With the turn fits set correctly I can pull a 180* slide under power and maintain control. The servos has made the biggest performance increase out of all the mods I have tried.

An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind ~ Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by UpliFT-RC View Post
    It makes a huge difference! This is the one I got!
    756a83e8-deb0-4c0c-82be-669e3befca6c_1.3a5f1826f4929bc5b2c1c90460f0ca60.jpeg
    Is this servo "plug and play"? I have never replaced a servo...newbie I'm not, owned 5 different RC boats and just just started to do upgrades myself vs. paying. TIA

I would like to know if this servo is a drop in fit as well.

Thanks