Thread: Help Identifying 1/10th Scale Hull

Default Help Identifying 1/10th Scale Hull

Hello All,

I acquired this boat some time ago and am wanting to turn it into a scale FE boat to compete with.

I've no idea how to identify the hull as to what hydroplane this could be made into.

I hope I've included enough pictures so I can insure that the boat I build will be an accurate scale boat with the right paint scheme.

Thanks for all your help.

Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More Pictures

Some additional pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

People need to know the length and width of hull. To run scale 1/10th scale the boat will need a proper paint scheme.

AFAIK, this hull was not designed as a scale boat, in other words it doesn’t match the dimensions of a “real” unlimited boat. If it is the hull Jim mentioned above, it isn’t 1/10th scale. We really need to know the dimensions.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Default Dimensions

Okay I have dimensions now so we see if it can me made into a scale hydroplane. I took these off the site and also measure the boat so what I have is:

Technical Specifications:
    Length: 780 mm 30.7"
    Length (oa): 860 mm 33.85" *
    Width: 340 mm 13.38"
    RC: Rudder, speed control, mixture
    E-version: Motor-Hotline 0049- (0) 9405-6000
    Number of cells: 4-8 LiPo 4000-5000 mAh
    Glow-Version: 3.5 cc glow starter
    Competition class: Hydro III
    * LOA defines the overall dimensions of the model with rudder.

So can this boat be made up to scale 1/10th standards.

Thanks,

Lee

nope
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

It may be an older version of this hull: https://www.hydromarine.de/Hulls/Hyd...c-II::151.html although the length is not quite the same. Fluid's advice can always be relied upon as accurate. It doesn't really have the dimensions of a full-sized boat. Kinda like a Barbie Doll: A cute representation, but not an accurate depiction of the real thing. My experience with the H&M and MHZ hulls is that they are not really "Scale" hulls in the sense of the word. Rather, they are manufactured with different goals in mind. You could reasonably do most any boat livery from the late 1950s through the early 1970s on it and have a good looking finished product, If your goal is "Scale", that's a whole different thread in itself.
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

Okay thanks for this advice. Saves me alot of time and effort. I do like the hull however and am outfitting the boat to have fun, I started this evening and when complete will just go ahead and use the present scheme. I think it'll make up a good looking boat for practice days on the lake.

Thanks again for your help guys!

Lee

This could make a great P-Sport Scale or P-Limited hydro, with any “scale” livery the OP wants to use.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    This could make a great P-Sport Scale or P-Limited hydro, with any “scale” livery the OP wants to use.

I had this some time ago rigged for P-Sport at the time but never oval raced it - fun boat 'tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uboEB1ReNdc
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono