Thread: TFL sacle outboard, anyone run them ?

Default TFL sacle outboard, anyone run them ?

Anyone have any experience with he TFL gear outboards ? haven't seen to much info on here (i did search before posting). the idea of of putting 2 on a 40" hull sounds fun but I worry about it being to slow possibly ?

Define slow? If you are going oval racing yea it's probably going to be slow. If your going SAW racing it's positively going to be slow. If you are going to your local pond jest for fun, it may well be fast enough to be entertaining?
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

No racing at all, just bashing around at local ponds and lakes. Yeah slow is relative but my understanding is because of the gears the rpms have to be lower which in turn means slower speeds I would think. I could be wrong, still a noob lol

I think the new one they're working on has no gears... flex cable instead.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ok, so stock motor is 2075 kv on 3s. slow revving for sure under 20k, specks say it can fit up a 48 mm prop, that doesn't actually mean it can spinn a 48 mm. so it depends on how much prop that it can realistically spinn, back to define slow? 35'ish mph ? what hull cat / vee ? It may not be the fastest, but with outboards you got a lot of room in there for extra cells in parallel for extended run times.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by JestDanny View Post
    Ok, so stock motor is 2075 kv on 3s. slow revving for sure under 20k, specks say it can fit up a 48 mm prop, that doesn't actually mean it can spinn a 48 mm. so it depends on how much prop that it can realistically spinn, back to define slow? 35'ish mph ? what hull cat / vee ? It may not be the fastest, but with outboards you got a lot of room in there for extra cells in parallel for extended run times.

I'm was thinking the new MHZ 41" xcat hull with these 2 outboards. They have a "dummy" outboard set up with a direct drive for this new 41" cat but I'm not really a fan of it so that led me to the TFL outboards. I feel like 35 is a little slow, i guess in my mind upper 40s pushing 50 if I'm lucky would be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I think the new one they're working on has no gears... flex cable instead.
    That would be pretty cool, any more info of this ?