Thread: Miss Geico 36 Flip Over???

Default Miss Geico 36 Flip Over???

My Miss Geico 36 ran fast and flat to the water yesterday and in less than 24 hours it seems like it has way more power and jumping out of the water and flipping over!!! What happened??? Everything is the same as yesterday... Just a totally different animal today!!

Check the stingers and make sure they didn't come slightly loose and move up on you. Make sure they are set to your manual for height unless you adjusted them down some already. I know on my Zelos twin 36 the nut and screw holding the stingers would loosen up which would let the props angle upward then the boat would start doing back flips as the speeds went up.

Thank you for advice... I will check it out.. I did put them down all the way a couple weeks ago, and put on some upgraded props on. Size 45mm x 1.7 pitch a week ago. Yesterday I ran it full throttle for long straight and seemed fast but not what I thought it would.. But today it was an animal!!!!

I checked them out and they are tight and all the way down were I had set them..

What were the water conditions at the time of your runs ? same both dazes ? flat smooth water = slow water,more drag. Little waves, bumps = faster water less drag boat breaks free runs looser. Also a little extra wind / breeze thu the tunnel = more lift, looser faster speeds,= more blow overs.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

You may also want to move the batteries towards the front of the boat a bit. That will help to try and keep the front end down.

This most likely isn't what's behind your situation, but brings back a funny memory when I was first getting used to the brand new AQ UL-1 Superior a good ten years (or more) ago. I would either run 2 x 5000 2S packs in series or 2 x 3000 4S packs in parallel. Apparently, one sunny midday while my mind was romping in a parallel universe I installed 2 of the 3000 4S packs and wired them in series by mistake. After climbing up on the driver's stand I punched the trigger (helps getting the nose up & out). I enjoyed a nice lunch and brief nap while waiting for the UL-1 to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

The water was very glassy.. I even waited for the waves I created to smooth out...

The batteries are moved up to the foam up front. They were in the same spot the day before when it was flat on the water...

I love the advice!!!! Thank you!!!

I will take your advice, Thank you... I am also thinking about putting a pound of weight up front to keep the nose down???

I'm going to run it tomorrow in the morning. Hopefully the nose will stay down!!! I will take some videos to show...

Surfertroy....combine all your posts when answering any help advise as it will make it easyer to read back for us. Also DO NOT put 1 lb of weight in the hull as that is way to much and will cause all sorts of issues you do not want.

The factory remote has 3 different speed settings- L/M/H

You could have been set at medium the first day and high the next.

That would do it. When I picked up the Twin 36 I stuck a Futaba receiver in it before ever using mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Surfertroy....combine all your posts when answering any help advise as it will make it easyer to read back for us. Also DO NOT put 1 lb of weight in the hull as that is way to much and will cause all sorts of issues you do not want.
    Thank you for info, I took it out right away.. I did notice more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrio17 View Post

It was sent on high speed both days.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrio17 View Post

It was set on high setting both days.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfertroy View Post
    It was set on high setting both days.
    Can someone post a picture of the switch that you can set for L/M/H? Not sure where that is?

Thanks, Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by EddieM41 View Post
    Can someone post a picture of the switch that you can set for L/M/H? Not sure where that is?

Thanks, Eddie
    Hey Eddie, the 2 switches are on top front. The other 2 switches are for reversing the controls. There are 3 clicks to each switch. Flip them all the way foreword and have fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieM41 View Post

Thanks, Eddie
    Hey Eddie, the 2 switches are on top front. The other 2 switches are for reversing the controls. There are 3 clicks to each switch. Flip them all the way foreword and have fun!!!

IMG_0512[1].jpg

Perfect....Thanks!