Thread: Parallel or Series first?

Default Parallel or Series first?

Just want some ideas on personal preference. Thx!

That's apples and oranges. One is increasing voltage (series) one is increasing capacity (parallel)

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    That's apples and oranges. One is increasing voltage (series) one is increasing capacity (parallel)
    I know what you mean...akin to asking whether a Toyota, or a Cessna, is better.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    I should have clarified..

I?ve got 4, 6s packs @ 10,000 mah each. I?ll be running 44v for a total of 20,000 mah.

Should I parallel the packs first for 6s, 20,000 mah then series for 12s, 20,000 mah or should I series first then parallel?

Make sense? I can draw a diagram if you?re better with pictures.

I would do it whatever method results in the least amount of additional wire. How the packs are packaged inside the hull probably has more to do with the solution than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I would do it whatever method results in the least amount of additional wire. How the packs are packaged inside the hull probably has more to do with the solution than anything else.
    That makes sense. I haven?t run a 4p setup before so I wanted to make sure I wasn?t making a mistake. Thanks doode!

I always do series then parallel. I did make a 4p adapter.. once. I agree with Ryan, least wire = lesser resistance= mo bettah
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet