I have a brand new, old stock ProBoat Miss Elam Brushless 1/12 on the way. I?d like to make some mods to the boat but as a relative newcomer to the sport I am hoping for some guidance. I?ve been through the related OSE posts (i.e. Darin?s extensive threads about his mods and setup), so I have a starting point for what?s below.

I would like to target ~60-65 mph on 6s. Let me know if you think this exceeds the hull?s capability. I won?t race this boat, so while I want it to be stable and handle reasonably well it doesn?t need to be able to run hard in the corners and chop. Here are my planned mods/questions:

• Shim prop strut. I?ll have to play around with this, but I recall a recommendation to shim the back of the strut with plastic wedges (credit card slices).
  • Replace flexshaft with Octura .150? cable and 3/16? prop shaft. Does anyone know which is the correct part for this boat in terms of shaft length (2.25? L vs 2.75? XL)?
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...ose-cable-150L
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...-cable-150L-xL
  • Replace ESC with OSE Raider 150A in front of motor. Has anyone tried a HobbyKing programming card (I have one) with the OSE ESC?
  • Replace motor with Leopard 3674. Is it worth the upgrade in comparison to the stock ProBoat A3630 1500 kV? Is the 3674 the right option? What kV would you suggest for 6s?
  • Trial various prop options. The X442 and X642 seem to be popular. The 1742/3 looks interesting. Should I be looking for a lifting prop? Are the CNC props a good option for testing with a lower entry price?
  • Consider splitting the water intake to run individual cooling lines through each ESC and motor port instead of looping. Is this going to improve cooling? I haven?t found a rudder that will allow dual pickup and fit the stock mount, so not sure if a single pickup can feed three lines inside the boat. I?m in Calgary and the water is fairly cold where I am going to run this boat.
  • Add weight to front of sponsons. I?m thinking about adding some very fine shot and then sealing with epoxy. It seems like 6-8oz is about the right range. Any feedback on that?
  • Fill the remainder of the sponsons with low density foam (2lb) for flotation and stiffness.
  • Add flotation to cowling, seal if necessary, and look at replacing magnets with mechanical cowling nuts. Has anyone tried this? Are the magnets reliable?
  • Reinforce plywood mounts with epoxy and hull with glass/carbon as necessary (probably a winter project).
  • Consider upgrading servo and mount. Is the stock servo respectable? I can?t find any specs on it. I will also look at revising the electronics hatch system if necessary.
  • Upgrade turn fin and mount. This will likely come later, after a bit of tinkering. Appreciate any feedback in addition to what Darin and others have posted previously.

I?m also uncertain about battery size. The posts from a years ago describe the battery compartment being very tight for 2s 4500mA packs, but I?m guessing those packs were bigger than comparable batteries available now. I?d like to run 3s packs and I?m hoping someone with one of these hulls can provide measurements for the battery compartments (thank you!) so that I can order these before the boat arrives.

Apologies for the long post! Appreciate your input and assistance on this project. I?m planning to post as I progress through it and provide some feedback regarding performance.

Thank you!