Thread: 2Questions

Default 2Questions

I have a proboat blackjack 29" v3. Hit a submerged rock and smoked the strut,rudder and the prop @ about 25mph.Purchased the med sz offset rudder from ose. Stuffing tube i think is .25" on the BJ, anyway the strut is to big for the stuffing tube on the one I ordered(strut/rudder).Does OSE or anybody make a bushing for the strut so it fits the stuffing tube so I wont have to change it .Second- If I use that setup I purchased from OSE I also need to drill new holes,no biggy. Whats the best way to fill the old ones??I used a two-part appoxy.Do you guys think that ok or should I do something else?? Looking for suggestions.
    Last edited by Jonathan DeMaria; 07-07-2020 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan DeMaria View Post
    I have a proboat blackjack 29" v3. Hit a submerged rock and smoked the strut,rudder and the prop @ about 25mph.Purchased the med sz offset rudder from ose. Stuffing tube i think is .25" on the BJ, anyway the strut is to big for the stuffing tube on the one I ordered(strut/rudder).Does OSE or anybody make a bushing for the strut so it fits the stuffing tube so I wont have to change it .Second- If I use that setup I purchased from OSE I also need to drill new holes,no biggy. Whats the best way to fill the old ones??I used a two-part appoxy.Do you guys think that ok or should I do something else?? Looking for suggestions.
    You may be able to use the next size up tube. But if i recall the BJ and Geico use metric i think. You would want to use 9/32"provided that is the size that fits your strut, and you may have to sand on the BJ stuffing tube a lil. Patching holes?... no problem. Get yourself some Marine Rx or Water Weld. Rx is the good stuff and a lil pricey but it's the best. Water Weld is quick and dirty but works darn near as good and ose sells it. I tape a lil wax paper to one side or the other and fill the hole. Sand to finish if u fill from the exterior. Remove wax paper. Drill new holes. Hope this helps.