Thread: MG Zelos 36 Battery Question

Default MG Zelos 36 Battery Question

Since the Veles 29 is out of stock everywhere (if someone has a lead on one let me know), I?m looking at getting the MG Zelos 36 twin cat to run around the local lake. Nothing crazy speed wise, just trying to have some fun.

Would I be able to run 4s 5000mah per side? I?m trying to avoid having to purchase 8 batteries to have 2 sets of batteries for this boat.

Has anyone run this boat with 2 4s packs (one per esc) that can comment? Or have any other recommendations?

Also like I mentioned earlier, if anyone has a lead on a Veles 29 let me know 🙂

An older gentleman at our lake has one and runs on 4S. It's enough voltage to get on plane and run, but certainly not all that exciting. One advantage, you'll never flip it on 4S unless you're running in gale force winds.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    An older gentleman at our lake has one and runs on 4S. It's enough voltage to get on plane and run, but certainly not all that exciting. One advantage, you'll never flip it on 4S unless you're running in gale force winds.
    Would it be feasible to run with 5s or 6s without having to double up batteries (2x3s per side, 4 total)? Instead just run 2 5s or 2 6s 5000mah?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Would it be feasible to run with 5s or 6s without having to double up batteries (2x3s per side, 4 total)? Instead just run 2 5s or 2 6s 5000mah?
    6s is the max per side. So you could run 2 3s batteries per side in series which is what I do. What's MG stand for? It's Proboat Zelos Twin 36 or the Proboat Miss Gieco 36. I have the twin 36 for clarification.Miss Gieco 36 is the updated version but still 6s max per side.