Thread: BJ 29 ESC problems?

Default BJ 29 ESC problems?

Hi everyone, I am very new to rc boating and the blackjack 29 is my first boat. I have run it about 3 times and 2/3 times I have has issues with the motor not responding after 5-10 minutes of running. It then will occasionally run the motor and continue running after you give it power. After you stop though, it won't get going again. I'm running on 4s and noticed the motor was a little hot, so I tested it on a cold motor and had the same issue. The servo works fine, even when the motor doesn't so I dont believe it is a receiver issue. The boat is completely stock with a 2000kv motor and 120amp esc. Any help is appreciated as I am very new to boating, thanks.

What is the cell voltage on your battery when this starts happening? Perhaps the batteries are near empty and the low voltage cutoff protection in the ESC is active

I dont know the exact voltage they were at, but I had charged them right before running and tried 2 different sets of batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    What is the cell voltage on your battery when this starts happening? Perhaps the batteries are near empty and the low voltage cutoff protection in the ESC is active