Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plettenberg motors and compatible ESC's?

And here are all the castle drives that support it.....

I wish I knew more about the castle software. I bet there is a way to spoof the discontinued hydra ice drives. Make it appear to the software as one from this list. U need at least fw 4.25
    Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-05-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-04-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eXoNerated View Post
    I know that Paul, you didn't read clearly what I said. Because they are not making them anymore does not mean people don't still have them, and they can still be addressed through firmware revision just like current inverters they do sell modified for marine use. I have 2 HYDRA HV ICE HV200 v2's and they've never been returned. I have them both right now working fine in addition to the 2 APD
    Get over yourself and stop trying to imagine what people are thinking Hubert, it clearly isn't working out for you. I did read what you said, I didn't even disagree with it, I know people still have and use Hydras, I still use one myself, as I told you in your GPS/Datalogger thread. I just don't believe Castle will release any more Hydra firmware now that they are out of the market.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

"Castle stopped making boat specific ESCs some time back, too high a return rate." Verbatim

Do u see u said nothing about firmware? So don't get mad when you post doesn't make sense. The firmware idea was in your mind but you didn't say it so I cant read your mind. That's what I saw written and b
    ecause I tell you in reply I know castle doesn't marine controllers any more based on that.Simply answers to your statement above. I have no idea what you are talking about "on top of myself" but anyway. Looks like you on top of me for no reason. They could support a firmware upgrade if they chose since they still support the drive as you can go and switch between firmware currently. If the hardware is the same all they have to do is change the header.

Please allow me free passage of information to the op. Please allow him a moment to process the information that's posted for his benefit.

I threw this small thrust stand to test the motors with a prop. Its simply a pair of drawer slides a digital fish scale and wood. The servo mounted beneath is actually used as a reactionary torque sensor for the small motors like 22 series drone motors. You have more pm's One the shop is done Ill really make this in metal with a TEDS capable load cell and reactionary torque sensor. This work good enough to tell you the grams of thrust per watt. A measure of efficiency in the prop and machine. If one had a MSH BRAIN and a castle they could see what happening here in real time.

Regards
    Hubert
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-04-2020 at 11:29 AM.

@jingall007

Whats kind of logging does the SEAL have? Have you ever viewed it?

how about focusing on getting shc. 40/160 back to market instead of a key stroke war.

Exonerated- these forums are supposed to be fun and educational not toxic and caustic. If you can?t play nice then please refrain from anymore posts in this thread or elsewhere.

Guys, if you cannot maintain forum decorum you can’t post here. Stop acting like children.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

You must want a response since you mention my name in a motor thread I have not participated in. Anyway as for my props which you seem interested in my box has props from Mark Sholund, Andy Brown, Jerry Crowther. Alex Dr Props and I have done about 60% of the props I use. I have set documented world records with all of the above. Chris (Dashbota) has a great reputation (unlike yourself) and has helped many boaters with his prop work. I haven't used his services as I don't run gas anymore and the sources I have do what I need. I have answered your inquiry so no need to respond but you will of course, as Humble Hugh has to get the last word in. I'll throw you a softball so you can rant on. Your knowledge and education are wasted here as your presentation and people skills don't inspire anyone. Tell us more about actual BOATING accomplishments? Have you ever competed off a keyboard?
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Guys, if you cannot maintain forum decorum you can’t post here. Stop acting like children.

Clearly he cannot. I opted for the best solution for all.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

edit edit !
    Last edited by dasboata; 07-08-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Thank you sir.

Thanks Danny!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Me too! Thanks!!
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

Thanks from me too.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Agreed, thanks.

Hi,
    many thanks to all member , a big stone has been lifted.
    @Tyler, do you think to come to Munich this year ?

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

Hi Christian,

I am not sure at the moment if I will be allowed to travel. I understand the EU is or will likely be heavily restricting travel from the US due to our poor handling of the Corona virus.
    I have two boats ready, but will have to be patient to see what happens.

-Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Problem solved, kudos to the moderators.
    Last edited by Dr. Jet; 07-06-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Hmmmmm. Been off the board a few days.

Many moons ago I had a conversation with a very well knows racer about being correct not giving him carte blanch to be abrasive. Even when not deliberate. Some of you may remember that. He would try to beat a guy up with science while ignoring the fact that the guy had been doing the FE thing for decades. Bet Fluid remembers that guy. He went on to do some great things for FE.

Don't expect people to just agree because yer right. Explain it to them. In terms they can follow. In some cases dumb it down. Gotta convince them. Heck, I'm abrasive........ occasionally. Okay fine!.........Frequently. I do try to be respectful though. If you're respectful.............you're exchanging ideas. Sometimes even teaching. If your a wienie......conversation is over.

Some of this guys information could have made for good conversation if he had not been trying to bludgeon it into people. Some of his posts would only mean something to an EE. How many electrical engineers are there playing with toy boats? 1 in 1000 maybe?

Those stator photos weren't a waste on me I'll tell ya that.
    Noisy person

Well said Davis. I didn't see the train wreck but I did witness it rolling in that direction, sad.
    Nortavlag Bulc

This may not be the right place to bring this up, and it IS a hijack of the thread in a manner, but I can't help but think some people take this (or any one particular endeavor for that matter) far too seriously. I mean, after all, we are talking about TOY BOATS. Yes, some very technologically advanced toy boats, and those who compete with them should be admired for their persistence and dedication, but in the big picture they are still toys. They are fun to play with, but our entire existence and purpose in life should not be RC boats. They should be an ADDITION to our lives, not the BASIS.

I know a person that is a leader in his field and knows more than anyone else on the planet about his area of expertise, but he has never been on a date with a woman...... ever.

While these people may be absolutely brilliant, I pity them.....

haha Look how much Don dumbed down motor winding for us Ray. Could have buried us in gobbledy gook. I half a$$ understand that crap.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jet View Post
    I mean, after all, we are talking about TOY BOATS.
    Would you believe there are guys that get made when you say that? there are guys for which the competition is EVERYTHING. Ugh.

Grown men, playing with toy boats, fer fun. If it stops being fun I'll quit. If yer not having fun........look for a another hobby that is fun for you.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Would you believe there are guys that get mad when you say that?
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    .....there are guys for which the competition is EVERYTHING. Ugh.

Grown men, playing with toy boats, fer fun. If it stops being fun I'll quit. If yer not having fun........look for a another hobby that is fun for you.
    Brian Buaas has been a friend of mine for many decades. He is one heck of a competitor at a very high level, and builds some of the BEST stuff I've ever seen. He understands perfection. But when the boats (or pylon racers) are put away, he actually has a life.

Imagine that!

It is for tor those who are compelled to believe that competition is EVERYTHING that I pity. I'm with Terry: Let's have some fun, run some fast boats, and have a beer and a BBQ when we're done!
    Last edited by Dr. Jet; 07-06-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Hi,
    a little hint like Mr. Hubert Hargett tries by all means to press me.
    Yesterday I got the mail from Offshore Electric that there is a new answer in Tread that I created. But the truth is that if you click on the link to the OSE forum page you don't end up at OSE but at Hubert Hargett's website.
    Acuh the username is still registered, there is no user with the name, DRT3.
    Hargett thus uses the OSE website , i think in this way it is not allowed.
    Is this allowed in the USA that someone uses a forum to gain access to forum members who have expressly prohibited him from contacting again. It is simply an impertinence and I will consider legal steps, I will consult a lawyer for the United States.
    I don't know whether this is also allowed from the OSE forum, maybe a moderator is reading my post here.

Happy Amps Christian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Amps Christian

Christian,

After being banned, our mutual friend signed up again under the name DRT3, and made a few posts with a link to a website. The moderators of this forum (who deserve a TON of thanks and credits) quickly discovered this and removed all reference to DRT3.

In your profile settings, you have the option to receive notifications to posts/threads you have made. You can choose to opt out of these notifications as well. The moderators have nothing to do with the notifications you received; it's all automatic.

This is a free forum where good people can share a common passion: RC boating. Be it scale, fast electric, internal combustion, or whatever. As users of this free service, we as members must maintain a certain level of civility and decorum. Being a moderator here is NOT an easy task. It's like herding cats. Sometimes a member steps outside of the Terms Of Use and the moderators take action to resolve the issues. Trust me when I say the moderators have done nothing subversive and should be congratulated on quickly resolving a problem.

So let's all take a little "Time Out" and thank Steve for hosting this forum and thank all the moderators who ride herd over us "Cats". All of them have contributed far more to the hobby/sport than the casual observer might realize.

-Doc

Hi Doc,
    many thanks for clearing and yes i know what action a moderator has to do with us cats and i have all the respect to all doing this job for us.

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

The Teras compared to a NEU 1527:
    IMG_1675 - Copy.jpgIMG_1674.jpgIMG_1676.jpg

What a monster. What kind of kv are they telling you to expect?
    Noisy person

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast