Thread: Adding LED to ProBoat Jet Jam -

Question Adding LED to ProBoat Jet Jam -

I wanted to see if anyone else has done this before or has a good direction to point me in.

I have 4 Proboat Jet Jam boats - I bought them to race with friends and family. The other night we were running them in the pool after sunset, and while it was possible to see, i'd be nice if they all had different color LEDs in the canopy to differentiate the boats.

Years ago I added LEDs to a Traxxas Blast I had, but I cannot remember for the life of me what I used. I know one challenge I'm going to have with these Jet Jams is they have a combo ESC / Radio that is not standard and doesn't have extra slots to add things, so i'm going to have to steal power from elsewhere. Actually, that might not be true - I could settle for a small batter power solution I suppose.

Any thoughts or advice on this? Thank you!

321.jpg

Hi,
    yes , this is very nice to watch. You can glue a led after the impeller wheel in the jet. Water is a good light transporter and with the led the jetstream that is exist the jet will shine with the color of the led. You can use every led on the market. How to calculate the right resistor we have to know how much volts has the batterie that drive the boat.

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian