Thread: Costs for a Davette 46 hull

Default Costs for a Davette 46 hull

Hi,

I currently have an unused Davette 46" deep vee hull that I bought with everything to setup as a gas boat, but due to noise I have been thinking about making an electric boat instead. I have very little experience with fast electric boats and was wondering if somebody can give me a rough idea of cost to set this up as an electric. I already have a radio and outdrive (assuming I can use it for electric as well) so I think I only need a motor, ECS, batteries and charger. I am in Canada if that makes a difference.

Let me know what you think!

You will need a motor, collet, motor mount and esc. I have this combo I took out of an Insane mono when I converted it back to gas. Motor is a TP 5680 and esc is a flier 400 amp. Designed for 10s or 12s. I would take $450. for this combo package.

Thanks for the offer but I will hold off for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    You will need a motor, collet, motor mount and esc. I have this combo I took out of an Insane mono when I converted it back to gas. Motor is a TP 5680 and esc is a flier 400 amp. Designed for 10s or 12s. I would take $450. for this combo package.
    I am doing same still have E.S.C. If so what ends are on it and how much to send to mi. Thanks mike

The esc I hard soldered to the motor and on the battery side, I have AS150 type connectors. Shipping is free.

David, tough to say accurately until we know a few more things:

How fast and what driving conditions (sport, race, sport with option to race)
    What running hardware do you already have?
    What is your budget?

Motor for that size will run $200-300
    Esc will need to be 10-12S capable and 300-400 amp limit ($200-300)
    Batteries should be at least 30c, 10s2p, meaning two sets of 4+6s run in parallel with at least 8000 total mah capacity ($150-200)
    Flex should be 1/4? with step down to 3/16? to accommodate FE size prop (55-62mm) ($100+ depending on how many props it takes to find the one that hull likes)
    Big right side, med size left turn fin ($50-70)
    Wide Trim tabs ($40ish)
    And you will need to make the hull waterproof (hatch that can be sealed) and add sufficient flotation.

A picture of hull and hardware will help us help you!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

My setup comes with Motor, motor mount for 5" rails, motor collet, and 400 amp esc. My motor will turn 1/4 props so no need for step down shaft. $450. shipped.

Thanks for the info. It would be just a fun boat. No racing around here. I already have the hull of course and an outdrive with cable, would just need motor, esc and batteries I think. Still seems pricey. Plus I don't know squat about these setups. Might be better off just selling this and buying a RTR like a spartan or something! Don't really have a price amount in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    David, tough to say accurately until we know a few more things:

How fast and what driving conditions (sport, race, sport with option to race)
    What running hardware do you already have?
    What is your budget?

Motor for that size will run $200-300
    Esc will need to be 10-12S capable and 300-400 amp limit ($200-300)
    Batteries should be at least 30c, 10s2p, meaning two sets of 4+6s run in parallel with at least 8000 total mah capacity ($150-200)
    Flex should be 1/4? with step down to 3/16? to accommodate FE size prop (55-62mm) ($100+ depending on how many props it takes to find the one that hull likes)
    Big right side, med size left turn fin ($50-70)
    Wide Trim tabs ($40ish)
    And you will need to make the hull waterproof (hatch that can be sealed) and add sufficient flotation.

A picture of hull and hardware will help us help you!

Thanks for the info but will hold for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    My setup comes with Motor, motor mount for 5" rails, motor collet, and 400 amp esc. My motor will turn 1/4 props so no need for step down shaft. $450. shipped.

I could help you build this, David. I’ve built and raced several Tmonos (ten S boats).
    If you want to sell, please let me know.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet