Thread: my first boat

Default my first boat

Hello everyone , i've been into rcing for a while , wanted to try something new so bought a Proboat Formula from a friend for cheap , it was collecting dust in the box for a while . i was scooting around the pond and musta hit something and broke the flex shaft where it couples to the prop shaft , they don't make that part anymore and i can't find one . is there anything i can do ?

Hi,
    can you make a photo of the outbord and where the flexcable is broken and how long is the flexcable and what type of cuppling it has.

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

theres like 3 different numbers for this part so i'm not sure what the length should be oh and the grub screw is striped
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,
    i will contact a friend i think he knows the lengh . Do you the dia of the cable ? maybe you can buy it here at OSE and than you can insert it and glue it with Loctite or you can softsolder it or we find a way . Let see.

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

the only number i'm coming up with is .150 and it's either 195 long or 186.5

Do you see this cable offert from OSE , https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...ex+Cable+Parts , there are 0,150 the lengh you have to cut , best with a dremel and cutting disc but a grinder will do the same job . Look around , is there no maschine shop where you can aske for help ?

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

no i can do it myself , thanks for the help Christian