Thread: Propeller design

Default Propeller design

High Speed Propeller for SAW.
    Hi,
    for a SAW rig you need 1. a propeller with a sufficiently high pitch and
    2. A motor collects a propeller shaft that rotates a good 100,000 rpm.
    Since this is not easy to achieve, I calculated how high the peripheral speed of the propeller blade is. It is the factor for propulsion. In order to achieve this peripheral speed even at a lower speed, you either have to install a transmission gear or increase the diameter of the propeller. The gearbox has losses and the high speed is not particularly good for gears either. So the only thing left to do is to increase the diameter. It's easier than you think. You can simply increase the diameter of the propeller hub and leave the propeller blades as they are all the way round. So you can achieve the same peripheral speed with a motor and a Propeller of 100 mm dia that rotates 40,000 rpm as a high-speed drive that reaches a 40 mm diameter propeller at 100,000 rpm. Same result but much better to handle. And you can mount the motor direkt at the transom no need of a extra propshaft. Die motorshaft is long enough. See the pictures about the propellerdesign. To get the same propellerblade frequenz that hit the water per minute we need moore propellerblade around the hub.
    Such Propeller has the same propwalk like the smaller dia at higher revolution.

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

I'm lost on this one.

I get it, it just looks weird. Christian now you have a prototype please test and report back if the theory works. If nothing else it is an interesting experiment.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.