Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prop recommendations - Different pitches & diameters, plus 2-blade vs 3-blade

What I'm saying can leave the tread coz nothing will happen anyway but I wont take that and if what he says about me helps you with your boat go figure. I cant help you don't comprehend engineering or the fact you "droned" on with questions with no definitive direction . I obliged YOU! The other engineer in the room said it was a goofy thread from the jump. I see he's right cause it's only two people in this room speaking that really know a thing about a prop anyway and it ain't a "black art" empiricist. If JA read this he'd laugh and say job well done! And the other person you pmed they didnt tell you anything about a prop they tried to tell you about me and wouldn't know me if I walked right in front of him. He's just bold enough on the pc to talk about people he doesn't personally know personally. Good luck with him too. Guess you could accept his "empiricle" evidence.
    Regards,
    Hubert
    Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-04-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Hi Panther6834,
    thanks for the info , it is allways the best to look how to keep,all,parts cooler and with it you find efficancy . To get highest efficancy my friend Hans Lehner and i spend uncount time to optimice motor, propellers and electronics and the hull. If allowed ad some flat running surface on the keel and triangular strips , stringer on it to lift the boat and reduce the wetted surface.

@X „ @ Lucas the persistent troll who's every thread gets banned in Germany. “ this is a not true lie. everybody can do a search on my name Christian Lucas all,around the world i never banned from forums and also no of my treads are banned.I allways writhe with my name and have no nicknames or other cryptic spelling as i am what i am. I am activ on Intel Waters, RC Groups, RC Network, RC Raceboats, and some helicopter forum but very less as i fly only not very much. Thanks for reading this clearing.

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

Be honest for once their all locked. They want to see action finally. The only reason they locked me out is for anything is hanging out with goof troop. You! and your years of sad verbal support and inactivity on anything is in ever single one. Giving you my contact was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life 2nd to calling you friend. U hadn't done anything with a boat In nearly 40 years I was 9 then.So how you know me? And when you did it was 50 mph. So what! You so proud but a toy 10 dolla long tail thai boat with 2 brushed motors weighing less than an ounce and a 5 dollar radio is faster. You are datt piff! Please

You started trolling Dr Ralph okon of scorpion HERE http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...193-Mehr-Speed and they kicked it out.

You started again here http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=1#post5024778 and the locked it again.

WHY? Christian? Thomas Moldtmann says right in the thead talked to Lehner and closed the thread because they don't like speculation. He lying too? They look at my work in the USA but wont let me on the site because I associate with you. They have my thread open at least yours are locked You've trolled the world champion for 7 years now but have not shown a single thing running in that same time frame. NADA! Still photos of the pool. Search the forum deep for something on me but something actually running you'll never produce. How many times I defend the "EVEREST" heavy bag on those sites? Enjoy this TRUTH for once guy. You can see plainly by your actions you're beneath Rogerian argument and ad hominem your illustrated go to when you aren't right about something. The problem with you there is that's never! and you never do anything that moves. You helped me so much but do not have a phone contact for me or know my real address. When ya though you had it you used google maps to try to spy. LOL what a friend. Opened ya mouth talking about my moms house. OOPS Wrong place! I know better..... James "Allen" as you don't even know how to spell his name has my number and any address I'm at. You don't have a job or really work coz u collect royalties from ya patent. As far as a model is concerned all you do for years is house sit, help the dentist with her understaffed practice, and troll you other EX FRIEND Scorpions's Ralph Okon from yours sofa in Bayern!

Regards
    Hubert
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-04-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Hi,
    Moldman did not call Lehner and asked there. Ask Andreas Lehner, I didn't go on hacking to avoid churning up. It was about the new presentation of the Lehner outrunner. All of this is totally off topic. So stop you trolling.

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

So is talking about me. When you don't even have a number to dial. So Get a LIFE! and run a boat in 40 years!

I dont need to ask Andreas nothing Him nor Hanz rarely speak and never mention you. They also don't act like a public fool online.

Keep bothering me and these out runner magnet photos and the 2 laminations which now belong to me given through full permission from you go right to HIM! YOU BETTER LEAVE ME ALONE BEFORE HANZ and ANDREAS IS REAL PISSED and you be 2 less friends
    that will be four! We have zero disclosure agreements but I told you we needed one u genius!
    From here you better not say another word to me.
    Now you try me "CHEX" Keep trying to cause trouble for me here. The truth is you and a few other people here are scared to let me see things thru then ya silly ad hominem is over. Clearly you lack the knowledge to make an intelligent on topic argument so that's your sanctuary.
    If you so sure of what I cannot do you outta shud be quiet and let me make the attempt! With you its either ad hominem or ad nauseam going on about how great you are. You have no a clue what humble is, lacking all reasonable discernment.

"
    Looks like you have continued with your work Hugh. Keep up the effort, it will pay off one day! I haven't made contact with any one as yet because I'm setting up the new house & shop. There are still many things to be done.
    JA

02/14/2020

Happy Valentines!

His first lesson to me. Never rush my detailed work to satisfy a troll and his jealous friends and it's payed off! You never taught me a thing significant about a prop.You are not James Allen and will never be my "REAL" friend. And you dont have to give me a torch I TOOK IT. U lost it wasting years acting like a goof ball online similar to now!!!

Regards
    Hubert
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-04-2020 at 07:44 AM.

HimPanther6834,
    since you want to optimize the entire drive, take a closer look at the engine timing here. For each load there is only one timing angle that gives the lowest power consumption. For carbon brush motors, we have always installed an airscrew that has approximately the same current consumption as in the racing boat with the propeller. Then the carbon brush plate was loosened and turned until the smallest current was displayed on the connected ammeter. With this setting, the motor and the controller have the highest efficiency for this operating point and the lowest heating due to the lowest current, so it runs the coolest. With the brushless motors you have to change this value with a Progcard or on the PC. Usually, timing values ​​of 5 - 15 degrees that are not too high are sufficient in most cases. The high timing angles increase the performance of the machines but at the same time reduce the efficiency and increase the heating, sometimes too much and the motor burns out.

Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

"To start, I'm going to ignore the 2- vs 3-blade part of this mess, as that would probably mess with people's minds too much...as I've been known to say, "Start easy, then go hard." Assume the same motor, ESC, and battery for all possibilities, and assume that the motor & ESC are more than capable for all possibilities. In regards to diameter & pitch, I'm going to first toss out a couple of 'pairings':"

~op~

Its odd panther how your thread continues to morph. My grammar might be bad, but my reading comprehension is pretty good. This entire threads a waste of space. This beginning sentence paints the motor as negligible, Now you doing custom tuning for each prop in your list on a BRUSHED motor then making a BRUSLHESS analogy with the programmer? Yeah sure.... your understanding of how a "prop" works is really moving along. Every prop will show a different load if this is the case. Have fun tuning....the BRUSHED motor.

Vallen Danke,Ich bin hier raus. Das ist jetzt wirklich Zeitverschwendung. Es wird fruh genug auf den Grund fallen.

Regards
    Hubert
    Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-04-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch.Lucas View Post
    HimPanther6834,
    since you want to optimize the entire drive, take a closer look at the engine timing here. For each load there is only one timing angle that gives the lowest power consumption. For carbon brush motors, we have always installed an airscrew that has approximately the same current consumption as in the racing boat with the propeller. Then the carbon brush plate was loosened and turned until the smallest current was displayed on the connected ammeter. With this setting, the motor and the controller have the highest efficiency for this operating point and the lowest heating due to the lowest current, so it runs the coolest. With the brushless motors you have to change this value with a Progcard or on the PC. Usually, timing values ​​of 5 - 15 degrees that are not too high are sufficient in most cases. The high timing angles increase the performance of the machines but at the same time reduce the efficiency and increase the heating, sometimes too much and the motor burns out.

Happy Amps Christian
    And that's exactly the next thing I planned on "toying around with", at least on certain boats.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

wow too much info here to comprehend .
    in short here`s a experience i had .
    hobbyking pursuit, leopard 4082 1600kv ,flycolor 150 , ran a x645 (45mm diameter x 1.6 pitch)_ got mid 50`s

on the advice of a member with same boat and similar setup i switched to a x447 (47mm diameter x 1.4 pitch ) my speed went up ,hit a best of 62mph . so for me more diameter and less pitch made my boat faster and you could hear the motor was opening up more .

this is a kv thing ,lower kv can spin a bigger prop .too much pitch can bog down a motor .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    wow too much info here to comprehend .
    in short here`s a experience i had .
    hobbyking pursuit, leopard 4082 1600kv ,flycolor 150 , ran a x645 (45mm diameter x 1.6 pitch)_ got mid 50`s

on the advice of a member with same boat and similar setup i switched to a x447 (47mm diameter x 1.4 pitch ) my speed went up ,hit a best of 62mph . so for me more diameter and less pitch made my boat faster and you could hear the motor was opening up more .

this is a kv thing ,lower kv can spin a bigger prop .too much pitch can bog down a motor .
    That's what I'm getting...and, I just happen to have a TFL Pursuit in my collection (although, with a different ESC/motor combo - Seaking 180A & SSS 3656 6-Pole 2030kV).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Hi Panther 6834,

but be careful not to get too deep into it. You can get lost in it and it becomes an addiction.
    I've been dealing with propellers for over 40 years and have a nice collection. about 30% are self-made from thin sheets of different materials or cast as Octura does. My wife has a dental office and we also have a vacuum / die casting unit, but the most important thing is ultimately to work out and machine the propellers.
    Something else to increase the efficiency. First, counter-rotating propellers do not have a prop walk that has to be tilted, off-centered or a wedge rudder blade has to be compensated. With counter-rotating propellers, a rudder blade with a symmetrical, elliptical blade profile that produces the most pleasant drag is the best and least energy-consuming solution.
    For example: Propbox with many not all propeller. The red and black propellers are the line i made for Graupner. The red line are easy start surface propellers , so everybody can go with such impresiv drive . That was important for boating beginners. And the small propellers that look more like a micro airplane propeller are from Naviga F1 triangle course competiton boats made of hardend springsteel and solderd in the hub . They run full submerged at about 50000 rpm and produce high trust to stay on speed in the tight corners one 180 u-turn at halve course distance.
    The second pic show a 3 blade flywheel propeller i currently worke on for ic motor to run the motor close at the transom with no extra propshaft. The motorflywheel is also the propeller. Testing and having fun.
    Happy Amps Christian
    Happy Amps Christian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12