Thread: TP runs hot

Default TP runs hot

I run a Sprint Cat 36 with a TP 4060 7y 750KV on 12s it is fast, boat handels perfect but the motor runs hot with timing on 15and 11,7 TP recomends timing 0 try that to still runs hot and less power(after a run time of 1 min)prop Prather 240
    I ran the same set up with a SSS4092 4y 720 on a 15 timing and run great and temperatures are good(run time 2 min )prather 245
    Is this a TP problem?

You can't ,make much of a comparison between the two motors when testing with different props. I run my Y wind TP motors at 15* timing. Are you using the TP water jacket on that motor? If so, swapping it out for a new one from TFL, GoolRC, or Rocket 40L will improve cooling. The TP jackets have extremely narrow water barbs and very little internal water volume.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I run the TP with a TFL jacket and extra cooling on the front ,they are separated cooling
    The TP run hot with a 54mm prop esc and battery's are looke/warm and the SSS motor runs with a 57,3 prop warm

Maybe is it the ESC i use a seaking 130HV I am going to use ZTW seal 300 now(just orderd one)

Did you find a reason for this?

The Seaking 130HV usually works well.

It works well if the amp draw isn’t too high, but an ESC won’t usually cause a motor to run hot - too many amps does. In this case the OP’s setup almost certainly pulls over 150 amps, which on 12S generates a lot of heat in that small motor. That motor is rated for only 3050 continuous watts, which on 12S is under 70 amps. A smaller prop or running 8S would likely have solved his heat issue - he didn’t bother to define what “hot” means - without the cost of the new ESC (not that a better ESC isn’t a good idea).

Last edited by Fluid; 09-05-2020 at 08:42 PM.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

That motor ran at 110c the funny thing is/was i ran the setup with a SSS 4092 (this was because the 6-8 weeks delivery from TP)and there was on heat problem and was running 117kph no problem, temp at 85c
    the setup was identical with TP.I have spoken with a technician from TP ,he say the TP motor is 67v motor and with 12s you never get the max performance out of the motor and it wil run hot.
    so i have changed to a TP 4070 860kv now it works great