Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is covid affecting the IMPBA and NAMBA races?

We don't have an official policy on it. We're a small group so we have the discussion.

Guys are under separate canopies. We limit number of participant per heat to keep the number of humans on the stand lower. Then pit men have to be on the other side of our stand. Hard to comply with state distancing guidelines AND NAMBA mandated safety protocol. We do the best we can.

We don't require masks outside which is in accordance with our governors directive.
    Noisy person

Theres a simple fix Just deregulate or ignore COVID and all IMPBA or NAMBA safety protocols TS LOL! what would be new about that covid policy

Regards
    Hubert

Right now individuals and organizations need to be patient and as a group decide how to move forward. There are upcoming events I would like to attend but can't commit as Covid is looming in the wings. Do I register and pay only to try and get refunded when that area becomes a hot spot or local regs change?
    On another note as Terry stated the quality of competition makes me travel further. I also look at site logistics, parking, pit area, etc, to drive a bit further.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Its all good with Travel. Cant do it all the time and def not every time I want to run the boat. There isnt anything regulating a member from finding there own water to test and tune is it? It still would be nice to have a place any boaters in this area could go. An entire state with no club doesn't seem right. For the cost of everything with the models it isn't something I can just talk every friend in to either. I thought at one time some guys ran in the Charlotte area?

Also Lynne wrote me and I didnt realize I paid 60 bucks everytime I was renewing, Seems like it went up but maybe Im just trippin. This is the young mans 18th year so it was 10 for him.
    Our IMPBA Numbers are

20779s and 20779j

Regards
    Hubert
    Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-01-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    Do I register and pay only to try and get refunded when that area becomes a hot spot or local regs change?
    On another note as Terry stated the quality of competition makes me travel further.
    Both these Mic. I'm with ya.

I think I'm going to just register and pay for the nats at least. If we don't get to go and I don't get my money back......so be it. I blow more money on whiskey. haha I mean obviously I would prefer a refund but I also don't want the host club to take a bullet on everyone's behalf either. Hosting a race is a heck of a commitment. You know. You guys do it. There are costs incurred but the thing you can't even put a dollar figure on is the time allotment. I'm not sure every racer recognizes what happens before race day. If yer not working on the race yer think'n about it. Some detail forgotten.....ahhhhhhh.
    Noisy person

BIG difference though.... The whiskey is worth it's weight in gold and got consumed. Wouldn't their effort to prepare for a race be hinged upon how far tha actual race was down the road? For instance say you pay for a race in august but they cancel it next week. Unless they are far into it I dont see why there would be no refund they planned to have the race before anyone registered anyway. I mean what if only one person registered they wont still have a race so why wouldnt that individual get their money back?

Something that migh help get racing back on line at the club level is a temporary suspension of the requirement for pit men. Temporary being the key. Reduces the number of people on the stand by half. Social distancing achieved!
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by eXoNerated View Post
    I mean what if only one person registered they wont still have a race so why wouldnt that individual get their money back?
    I suspect they would. I'm just saying I'm not going to go bananas if it doesn't happen. I'm willing to support the hobby any way I can. I guarantee not everyone feels that way. We've had guys register for our race, cancel, and then insist that we keep the money. Maybe I just always remember that.
    Noisy person

True that.

Last edited by eXoNerated; 07-04-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12